Menu
baelander
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Retensions deal not honoured

Hi all,

I'm quite shocked to be writing here but have been forced to do so.

In November I had agreed to leave Virgin because my bill had become increasingly high. I had said I want to wait out my contract and go ahead with the cancellation in February (one month from now) and two weeks later got call from the retentions team.

They offered me a great deal which I gladly accepted. However I was still getting billed my old amount, so I contacted the retentions guy who assured me this would get sorted out.

Today my internet has been disconnected (1 month before my old contract wouldve ended) and no Virgin representative have any record of my new deal being processed and the retentions person is no longer responding to my texts / phone calls.

I've been billed for all of January and am sitting without internet, after calling Virgin all they could offer me was a new customer deal because that retentions deal had now expired. The new customer deal is higher than my promised offer from retention. They said Id have to wait a few days for the new equipment to arrive. I have not agreed to this as believe Virgin are obliged to honour the deal they offered me.

Please advise

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retensions deal not honoured

Thanks for the post Baelander.

Have you received an email confirmation of the agreed to package? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
baelander
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Emily,

I never received an email, just a text message trail from the Retensions sales guy "Michael". I have the message trail and his mobile number which he called me from too. See attached. I initially reached out querying the change in the contract which he said would take some time to update. When my services were unexpectedly disconnected on Saturday, Michael went AWOL and stopped answering my calls, texts, even after I left a voicemail. From what I gathered after being on the queue to Virgin for 3 hours, was that he didn't leave anything in the "notes" section for the other teams to follow up with so this is all I have. I have his mobile number which was used to contact me and can share that privately if Virgin staff would like it. This is a great example of irresponsible account management, someone with a total disregard for paying customers needs. My mother still doesn't have any internet, the last texts were send on Saturday and still no response. 

Initially reached back out to him querying the contractInitially reached back out to him querying the contract

He said the system was just taking a while to updateHe said the system was just taking a while to update

Just went AWOL on me, stopped answering my calls, didnt care that our services were disconnected unexpectedly. I have this gentleman's number. Complete disregard as an account manager.Just went AWOL on me, stopped answering my calls, didnt care that our services were disconnected unexpectedly. I have this gentleman's number. Complete disregard as an account manager.

0 Kudos
baelander
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Emily,

I've private messaged you with screenshots of a text conversation with "Michael" from the retensions team. 

Basically -

1. I queried the contract change with Michael, he mentioned it was just the system which needed updating
  2. I asked when they would take effect to which he copied and pasted his previous reply about the new bill being what we agreed on the phone
  3. Fast forward to last Saturday 16th Jan, my services were unexpectedly disconnected leaving my mother with no internet. Michael has disappeared and not responded to my texts, calls, I left a voicemail too. After hours of waiting in line to speak to anybody at Virgin, it turned out that Michael did not leave any notes in the system for the team to follow up with. So he never did go ahead and put our deal through after I agreed to stay. My services were cut without me being told that was going to happen. I could have lined up something in advance if I knew, but this gent's incompetence has caused my mother to have no internet or landline till we install new services. What a nightmare, and what terrible account management. 

I did speak with a lady from the Swansea Retensions Department who said I would have a cheque sent out to me for being overcharged for all those months when the deal had not been applied up to the point where my services were disconnected but I'm still waiting on that.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sending them over we just need to wait for the picture approval by our moderators then I'll take a look.

Sorry for any confusion but we no longer have a Swansea team, but we'll take a look at the screenshots you provided and assist further.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
baelander
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Okay, interesting that you no longer have that team - she gave me her full name which I can provide too. The plot thickens 

0 Kudos