cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarted Contract when moved house

Abby1998
Joining in

We moved house back in February 2023, and kept our existing VM package. Our discounted period runs out next month and so we were looking to arrange a new deal. However we are now being told we’re still tied in till October 2024, despite our initial contract expiring in October 2023. Meaning we would have to pay 12 months at full rate without being able to negotiate. All of our terms remained the same when we moved, no changes to package. I have a copy of the original contract also. How can I get this resolved? We are looking at having to pay £157.50 a month for another 12 months for no fault of our own and no ability to leave. Looking around there should have been no change made to our end date.

4 REPLIES 4

Abby1998
Joining in

We moved house back in February 2023, and kept our existing VM package. Our discounted period runs out next month and so we were looking to arrange a new deal. However we are now being told we’re still tied in till October 2024, despite our initial contract expiring in October 2023. Meaning we would have to pay 12 months at full rate without being able to negotiate. All of our terms remained the same when we moved, no changes to package. I have a copy of the original contract also. How can I get this resolved? We are looking at having to pay £157.50 a month for another 12 months for no fault of our own and no ability to leave. Looking around there should have been no change made to our end date.

Hi @Abby1998, thank you for your post.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Abby1998,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get your contract corrected after your house move, I am sorry if this has been causing some confusion 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

Usually the Movers Team processes a house move without any issues, however I would be happy to take a closer look into this for you. 

I'll send over a Private Message to you now so we can get started 🤗 

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Abby1998, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, you were a pleasure to help and I am really glad I managed to get this sorted for you 🤗

I am sorry again that this issue occurred in the first place, however you are now free to give our Retentions Team a call on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4 who will be happy to chat with you about new offers and discounts. 

If you're not tickled pink by what they offer, then they can also pop a disconnection through for you too - However I really hope that doesn't happen as it would be a shame to lose you! 

If you have any further issues our questions, please feel free to post on here again and we'll be happy to help 🙂

Have a lovely week ahead!

Megan_L