Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Resolutions team did not call back as promised.

Hi,

I raised the following complaint:
Recieved a "Remittance Advice"/Cheque for the overpaid amount of £42.50.
I called in to express my will and right to have this paid back to me via other means as cashing the cheque is a unnecessary inconvenience. This could just have been put back into my account from where it was originally taken.
After a 40 minute wait in the phone I spoke to your Rep. who politely informed me this was policy, and therer was nothing he can do. I asked to talk to a manager and was put on hold.
I was not put through, but the Rep said he had spoken to the manager who said the same thing.
I had informed the rep. of The Bills of Exchange Act 1882, and the Cheques Acts of 1957 and 1992, clearly stating checks are not legal tender and I have the right to refuse them as a method of payment.
Also, your TOS do not mention that overpaid bills are paid back via cheque, but he offered no recourse or to escalate my issue.
Transfer the £42.50 back to my account, which details you clearly have as when I spoke to the Rep. this was used to verify my identity.
Also, please consider changing the policy to default to paying back money via the same mechanism the money was paid to you. Saves postage, paper and time.

I got an acknowlege email, and after about 2 weeks a call from the Resolutions team.
They could not help and instisted Virgin Media, a multi billion pounds company, can not make bank transfers...
When I insisted I do not have to accept the check, and you will have to find an acceptable way of paying me back, he said he'd look into it. I asked when I would hear back, and he said 24h.
This was several weeks ago.

I have no way of contacting the Resolutions team myself, as there are no phone numbers listed, and my account is now disconnected, so I can't do it over the web like the first time.
Can you please ensure someone contacts me, or else I will have to lodge this with Ofcom/CISAS.

Thanks,

Marcus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Resolutions team did not call back as promised.

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry for the experience you've had up to now, when trying to get your refund processed. I can appreciate you're keen to understand how you can move forward with this.

If you have paid by direct debit, then you would be able to claim the payment back via the direct debit guarantee. Once you have done that, any payment that was owed, would need to be manually paid to us. 

So, just to clarify did you not give your permission for the complaint to be closed?

Let us know and we can help further.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Thanks for coming back to me.
No, I did not give permission to have it closed.
I don't see the direct debit guarantee as a valid option as it, again, puts the burden on me to do your heavy lifting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying yberkill

Sadly we are only able to refund monies owing by the following methods

By cheque

By indemnity claim

By card if the original payment was made that way 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,
Thanks for coming back to me.
Can I ask where is this coming from, please?
I can not find it in the ToC for Virgin Media Fibre?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi yberkill

This will not be shown in our Terms and conditions 

However with cable accounts this is how we are only able to refund any money 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In that case, what is Virgin Medias view on "The Bills of Exchange Act 1882"  and "The Cheques Acts of 1957 and 1992" and their definition of legal tender?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi yberkill

If you need to know the stance on the above, then it would be best to file a complaint here  and allow this to be looked at im as much details as you require 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

I appreciate you trying to help. But this was what my original complaint was about, which was closed without my approval...
There seems to be no way of contacting the resolution team except for that complaint link which I can't use as my account has been disconnected!

My frustration stems from this going in circles all the time, and no one seems to be able to help... just pointing me somewhere else without actually reading or listening to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The customer relations team can be contacted on 0345 454 1111 options 1,4,5. All of our other contract methods can be found here. Our Media system doesn't allow us to deposit in to the account. We can only refund by the methods confirmed by Gareth. ^Chris. 

0 Kudos