Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Resetting Online Username

Trying to log in to my mum's virgin media account for her. 

We were advised to set up an account online in accordance with E-Billing etc, but apparently there is already an online account for my mothers Cable package. 

The email address associated with this account is a blueyonder neither of us are familiar with. 

When i try to use the password reset, just to log in to change email/user, it requests details of the last bill. 

Even when entering the details exactly as shown on the bill (date/account/amount) it gives me an error message "Please enter valid bill details". 

Is this a known issue? I was on the phone to support through the week and they assured me IT had been contacted and it would be solved, and to try again in 24 hours, but the old username still remains, and we are locked out of the account. 

Any support would be welcome. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Resetting Online Username

Good morning @AdamGee 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with logging into the account. Do you have a reference number for the IT ticket raised? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @zak_M , no I wasn't given a ticket number, but am currently back on the phone, apparently having been transferred to "the technical team" , so will be sure to request a ticket number from them tonight. 

Didn't think twice about ticket numbers because i thought that would just get it fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us AdamGee, 

Please keep us posted with this and let us know when it's been sorted. 

IT tickets are usually resolved within 3-5 working days. 

Any further problems you know where we are. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos