Menu
web1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Reset password my virgin media

Hello, 

I'm guessing I need a VM staff member to help with this but I'm quickly learning that that is not possible (have tried calling and texting).

I need to reset my password for my My virgin media account. I have off course tried selecting 'forgotten password' but after a few tries (yes, I've chosen a suitable password). it takes me back to the memorable answer stage and starts again. 

I wonder if some how I inputted my memorable answer question in when I first set it up (unlikely but you never no) but it is not stating this, it just goes from the password stage to the memorable question stage over and over. 

VM staff... please help.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
web1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Cant sign in, cant speak to anyone..

Virgin media team.... Please read this soon...

I can not reset my password and therefore can't login to my account.- Yes I have selected 'forgotten password' but it keeps going in circles asking me for my security question. 

My newly installed VM box is hanging off the wall with no plastic cover and all cables exposed. 

Please help. 

A chat function would help us all out.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reset password my virgin media

Hi there @web1

Welcome back to our Community - so sorry that you're having some issues resetting your password for your MyVirginMedia account.

When registering your account, it will ask you to set up a memorable answer from a pre-defined list of questions; it will then ask you to manually input the answer. Then, when you come to reset your password, it is this memorable word it needs to confirm you are who you say you are!

I can only apologise that it seems to be taking you around in a big loop. We'll be able to get this sorted for you without issue; we just need to go through some security with you first. I'll pop you a Private Message - please look out for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers 

(PS - we have merged your new post into this thread. We do request that you refrain from multiple posting the same query on different threads as this can cause delay and confusion.

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
web1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Please can you tell me how I can book an engineer to fix the VM box which is hanging off the wall with several cables exposed.

I have tried to make contact in several ways and reported the issue via 3 of them.

To call- I was on hold for half an hour then cut off, on other days the phone would not even ring. 

To text- I received no contact back. 

To chat - I received no contact back. 

I know there is a pandemic but you are a tele comms company.. Many other types of companies are responding to chats and emails at least.  I need my internet for my work and am concerned that the box will get water in it and or cables will come out as it is blowing in the wind and rain. The lack of being able to even make contact with VM is highly concerning and making me feel vulnerable that I could loose connection at anytime and have no one do anything about it. 

I am now considering leaving VM even if there is a financial cost. 

PLEASE help

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi web1,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can you tell me if you've been able to speak with @Wedge34 in regards to the password situation? 

If so, you would also be able to have an engineer booked via her too, have you requested this in your PM conversation?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
web1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

I had an correspondence via this community with one of your colleagues about how I did eventually manage to reset my password but she did not mention any other aspects. I still have had no contact from VM about my other issues. 

I am pretty upset about the fact that it is impossible to contact VM for support. What if my internet had totally dropped out? I would not be able to work. 

If this situation is does not change then I will looking to leave VM. Please see my other posts about trying to make contact with you for support. 

Thank you,

Sophia

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Sophia (@web1).

Cheers for popping back to this thread.  In my Private Message i sent last week, I did advise that I was glad that you had managed to sort out your password issue and I also mentioned that I was more than happy to assist with your Omni-box issue and I just needed to get some account information for you; I had not received a reply. 

Please do pop back to the message I have sent again today so we can assist you further. 

We are sorry that we're busier than usual during the lockdown and pandemic - I assure you that we're doing all we can to answer all calls and texts as quickly as we possibly can to help our customers as soon as possible. 

Hope to hear back from you soon. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Sophia (@web1),

Thanks so much for your private message reply - I can confirm that we have booked you a technician to come and check your Omnibox for you.

Hope all goes well, please do keep us posted with how it goes. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your further Private Message Sophia (@web1)

The visit we have booked for the Omnibox to be checked is an external visit; the technicians will not usually advise they are there or need to gain access to the property. This is due to the type of job it is. 

If you feel that you're not available at the time and date we have booked and wish to be available for the visit then you can see if you can reschedule via your online account

This technician will not be able to assist with any other issues during the visit; this is not a fault technician. If you are having issues with your WiFi, please do advise us on the thread what issues you're having and the Community will be more than happy to help you out where possible. 

From looking at your account, there are no area issue listed and at the time of writing, no errors showing on your broadband. It's been just over a week since the hub was rebooted. I can see however that a few of your devices are far too close to the hub and this could be wasting valuable WiFi bandwidth for the rest of your home. If possible, it would be best to connect via Ethernet of they are that close. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
web1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visit

Hi Katie, 

I might have been unclear in my previous email but due to the location of the box, I don't think the engineer will be able to access the box externally as there is a large corrugated plastic construction in the way. I might be able to help the engineer move it or he can access the box via my living room window.  

I can't see the date of the visit in the email. 

Thanks, 

Sophia

0 Kudos