Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Request to VM for help with cabling issues

This would normally be submitted by phone but since my getting out of hospital I cannot sustain long wait times. I've also twice tried to report this, to no avail.

I live in a bungalow in Purbrook, Waterlooville and since living here have seen many changes in services and equipment and replaced green box to house cables. Subsequently my front wall box is a plate of spaghetti, and my roof not much less, with cable running everywhere. This needs sorting, as it brings frequent connection problems.

We've also just (almost) completed a major extension project to make our home fully accessible (just in time, as it turned out). The builders carefully kept away from all cables.

My request now is both for connections to be restored to the front of the house (hub/router) along with the phoneline , and for the connection to the rear (v6 box) to be replaced. This latter has led to earlier faults not handled within disability priority targets (4hrs as notified by agents).

I can no longer persist with the regular repetition of:

- checking the lights

- reseting the cable

- rebooting the router

- and repeat...

Because I cannot do this from my wheelchair chair, and things are not where I'd like them to be.

I appreciate there will be a cry of 'that'll cost £££ + vat, but my account history should show a recommendation from an engineer to do this, and we all wish to avoid further priority callouts when my broadband goes down.

This request is not a next day, more next week. And while many might not think broadband does not attract a disability priority, OFCOM thinks differently, so I discovered.

I would like to state that I am very impressed with your new service offerings for disabled people. I do appreciate it takes a long time to get new procedures embedded throughout the company.

Happy New Year.

Stay Safe. Stay Health. Stay Sociably DIstant
AndyBundy
-----------------
I don't work for VM. I am medically 'retired' after working for a large multi-national Telco and have spent fifteen years in WAN/LAN IP Networking, Network Management and IT Support.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Request to VM for help with cabling issues

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us to resolve the issue over the community forums, I would like to apologise for the service issues that you've suffered because of the issues with the wiring at your property. 

Thanks for the feedback about our new procedures, I will ensure this is passed onto the team.

I would like to take a further look into your account to investigate and get this booked in to be taken care of. I will send over a private message in the next few moments, please respond to the message and we can get this started.

Regards

Steven_L 

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That'll be great. Thanks also for incredible response time!

AndyBundy
-----------------
I don't work for VM. I am medically 'retired' after working for a large multi-national Telco and have spent fifteen years in WAN/LAN IP Networking, Network Management and IT Support.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Received call from engineer five minutes ago.  Apparently NONE of the information provided to Steven_L via PM actually made it into the trouble ticket that he has sight of.  Is there any chance this could be checked into quite urgently?

Thanks

AndyBundy
-----------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

I have escalated this with the mods for a response. 

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Andy,

I'm really sorry about this Andy, I have just checked and all the information that you gave me was added to the work order notes on Thursday 02/01. I have now added the notes to the secondary notes screen as well. All the notes but all should have been accessible from the screen that I added for anybody who assigned the engineer, not sure why nobody has been able to see them and brief the engineer of the work that needed to be done. 

I have made sure that this is all over your account now.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Thanks for that.  I sometimes think there are two companies.... The one the engineers work for, and the one that everybody else does.  They certainly seem to live in a world of their own.

That said, George, who came out this afternoon was very upbeat, unsurprisingly balked at handling the task today, as he'd only been tasked with a quick repair.  He has however arranged to return tomorrow with a second engineer, a 'bench tech', and they will be able to give the job the time and quality it deserves.  Sorry for the panic.  I've lived with Remedy myself in multiple flavours, and I know it can drive even the calmest person insane...

AndyBundy
-----------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad that the team have arranged for this to be done for you Andy, not sure what happened with the appointment as everything was given to the team, I hope that changing the date has caused any inconvenience to you.

Please let me know, how the visit goes tomorrow.

Regards

Steven_L

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

George (21181) and fellow engineer Chris (he's a name, not a number!) have just left having completed the task to a standard way above my expectations.  They were very conscious (I can always be happy with an engineer who brings his dust pan and brush in before his rather excessively large drill!!

Please, if possible, can both be identified and feedback (in addition to the automated) be fed back to their managers.  Good work deserves recognition - and their standards and work ethic were way in excess of the engineer who visited last year.

George came out yesterday.  Identified the need for more time and support.  Took my number, called me this morning to confirm he'd not forgotten arrived at the time he gave me.  This is the kind of service which, to be fair, needs to be replicated across the company.  I appreciate the engineers are likely on an incentive scheme - but perhaps this should be rolled out to all customer facing staff?

Thanks again

AndyBundy
-----------------
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for taking the time to not only update us but to give good feedback to our two engineers.

I'll make sure that this is fed back to them both and to their managers and we agree it should be the standard of care all our engineers should be achieving if they are not already.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos