Menu
JessNoakes
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Repeatedly being overcharged - customer service useless

In February 2020 I renewed my contract with virgin for a bundle package. I agreed £41 a month the service.

Since then, I’ve been overcharged every month at £68 per month.

I’ve called customer service 6 times to try to resolve the issue, spending over 10 hours on the phone - each time the customer service staff acknowledge and confirm that I am being overcharged as they can see the original price I’d agreed on my files. Then I’m either fobbed off by being bounced to another department only to get cut off and have to start again, or a promise of a manager calling me back which never happens. 

After going through the chat room helpline, I did receive a small rebate but not what was owed and the direct debits continue to come out at the incorrect, increased amount.

I feel like I’m trapped in this situation with virgin doing nothing to help, and I can’t just cancel my direct debit as it will affect my credit history. I’m completely stuck and really frustrated!

What formal steps can I take to get this resolved? Or is anyone from virgin media on here reading these comments so you can help me?!

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Repeatedly being overcharged - customer service useless

The standard process for complaining is to log a formal complaint with VM first of all. See if the complaint is resolved within 8 weeks or until you have received 'deadlock' letter.

After that, you can complain to CISAS

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/

but note the T&Cs and exclusions before submitting a case.

Hopefully though, the VM forum team on here will be able to investigate and resolve this for you. They normally reply within a few days.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Before going down the formal complaint route, the quickest and easiest option is if the forum staff can intervene on your behalf.  I'll give your post a nudge, see what they advise before complaining.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi JessNoakes,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your bills looked into, I am sorry to hear you've been being overcharged recently. 

I'll be more than happy to look into this for you along with the complaint case attached to it 🙂

Can I firstly just ask how much you believe your bills should be and how much you're being over charged please? 

When did you sign up to this new contract at a lower price?

Thanks,

Megan_L 

0 Kudos
JessNoakes
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi megan, I signed up to a contract of £41 per month and am being charged £68 each month.

thanks

jess 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am so sorry to hear this @JessNoakes I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you!

I'm going to send you a PM so we can look over what has happened. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos