cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing Contract Savings + Volt

ohitstom
Tuning in

So my current plan is an m200 which was bumped to 350 with volt, my contract of 18 months is coming to an end towards the end of June and the price is set to go from 25 to 60 pounds a month.

We cannot afford this on pensioner credit, i understand contracts help with pricing but i was looking at broadband only with no deals and currently 250 is only 30 pounds a month for an 18 month contract? im confused as to why mine is set to go up to 60 for starters.

How would i go about planning a renewing of the contract and if i move deals will this effect my o2 sim that im still paying for?

ohitstom_0-1685185331098.png

ohitstom_0-1685185160045.png

I only need broadband ideally as we dont use phone lines, but i will need this o2 sim to stay active.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ohitstom, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

From time to time, we have special offers and promotions to welcome new customers on board or for renewing customers. When this offer ends, the package price will revert to the standard package price for the bundle.

Although they may not always be available to existing customers, that doesn't mean that you miss out once you've joined us. We often have offers and special deals on our services, or one-off promotions to make sure you carry on getting the value you'd expect.

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - this doesn't always mean a downgrade! If you want to chat with us, please feel free to call on 150 / 03454541111 or pop us a text via WhatsApp on 07305327112. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours but it allows you to get on with your day whilst waiting for a reply.

In terms of the O2 SIM, the team will take this into account when looking at any new offers for you. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are on Pension Credit, you should consider the social tariff:

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/low-income-families

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The provided speeds arent enough for the amount of people in the house.

I would just like advice on how renewing works and what will happen to my o2 sim, im happy to go onto a new contract with different savings.

Hi ohitstom, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

From time to time, we have special offers and promotions to welcome new customers on board or for renewing customers. When this offer ends, the package price will revert to the standard package price for the bundle.

Although they may not always be available to existing customers, that doesn't mean that you miss out once you've joined us. We often have offers and special deals on our services, or one-off promotions to make sure you carry on getting the value you'd expect.

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - this doesn't always mean a downgrade! If you want to chat with us, please feel free to call on 150 / 03454541111 or pop us a text via WhatsApp on 07305327112. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours but it allows you to get on with your day whilst waiting for a reply.

In terms of the O2 SIM, the team will take this into account when looking at any new offers for you. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs