Menu
Kayleykayley
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Renewed contract now channels missing

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help?

I was contacted by retentions the other week and they offered me a really competitive deal with the same package I was already on, so I took the deal out there and then rather than risk not getting the same deal down the line... but when I got home from work the next day I realised I was missing some channels that I previously had.

I called virgin the next day to ask why some channels were missing and I was told that my package has been changed. I've been back on the phone to cancellations but they wanted to charge me extra to get the extra channels back. since then I've been not able to get hold of anyone from retentions to see if I can get it rectified as cancellations weren't able to help me.

I also have my mobile with Virgin and it was all lumped in under the same account with my phone, fibre and sim on the same account, but now my mobile has been split away from the rest of the account onto a separate mobile account and I have no idea if I'm going to be charged separately for my mobile sim on top of the price that was agreed.

I've just tried to call Virgin again but they are saying their busy and to call later then the phone goes dead. I've also tried to call the lady I spoke to from retentions on the number she left me. But it just rings out (I realise people dont work 24/7 so i get that bit)

I asked them to cancel the account in the hope that retentions will call me back but that was a week ago.

And now just had a letter from virgin saying the bill is going up by £3.50 on 1 march.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Renewed contract now channels missing

@Kayleykayley wrote:

I was contacted by retentions the other week and they offered me a really competitive deal with the same package I was already on, so I took the deal out there and then rather than risk not getting the same deal down the line... but when I got home from work the next day I realised I was missing some channels that I previously had.

I called virgin the next day to ask why some channels were missing and I was told that my package has been changed

Which channels were missing? What package had you changed to?

This could be the old kids channel "problem" with Full-House, but I'm only guessing at this stage.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kayleykayley
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hiya

I was originally on mixit and moved to mix according to the call centre.

I suppose its not a big differance in the grand scheme of things but its just the face its not what I agreed to and now they want to put the bill up some more.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ah.. I think Mix is the legacy package, Mix-it is the new quasi-Freeview basic bundle... but all the same. The names are confusing at the best of times!

On the bottom of this page, is the TV channel guide, in both PDF and web-view format.

Mix is column-2, Mixit is column-5. There are a few minor differences - around the high-100s channel numbers & a few music ones by the looks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kayleykayley
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

According to the chart im somewhere between mix than mix it. I'll ring them tomorrow to sore out the sim bit. Cheers

0 Kudos