cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal offer withdrawn

sdad
On our wavelength

On 20 July, I received an email with a renewal offer. It said only available to 17 August. I clicked and it was £45.

Yesterday, the link was dead so I phoned and was told the best they had was £55. I was told there is no complaints department.

I see new customers can get a package for £32.99. That's unfair. What can I do please?

6 REPLIES 6

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey sdad, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear this.

Did you mention this email to them when you spoke to the team? 

When you join us as a new customer, you will usually be on a welcome offer. When this offer ends, you'll usually revert to the standard package price for the bundle.

The cost of this will be listed on your contract and the end date of the discounts will be listed on each bill 🙂
Please do let us know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

sdad
On our wavelength

Thanks Matt. I repeatedly referred to the email but she kept saying the best offer on her system was £55. I appreciate new customers might be on an introductory offer but to ask me to subsidise that when I have been a customer since 1986 is unfair, especially given the withdrawal of the unsolicited offer.

Do you still have this email, because if you do all we need to do is get a copy of this and we will be able to price match it? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

sdad
On our wavelength

Yes, I have the email but the link in it which said £45 is now a dead link but the date of 17 August is clear enough. Should I forward it to someone?

I am going to send you a PM and we can take a look.

If the email does show this we may be able to sort this out.

Please look out for my message. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Please let Ofcom know all about your experience around trying to raise a complaint with VM. See https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here