Menu
SDeakin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Renew contract - lies about replacement box?

I guess I am here to raise concerns more than anything! 

I negotiated a new deal last week, and as part of that a replacement box for the TiVo (that freezes/reboots, which I think is now a common problem?) 

I received my new contract information - great! but nothing on the replacement box, I have waited a week and still nothing, managed to speak to an actual human last night "this isn't my issue, you need to speak to customer services" then today again a hefty wait to speak to a human, and they told me that -

1)There was no replacement box ordered

2)Virgin are not sending out replacement boxes due to Covid

He then ran tests again (which I had been through with retention) and after 45 minutes then says "I will send a replacement box" I questioned this, as it contradicts what he JUST told me, but he said that because I could self install they would send it & it would be with me in 3 days (which is exactly what I was told by retention, but still no box?!). My issue is this time they did not offer a click and collect option (at least if retention were lying they did a good job of warning me on delays due to snow etc), and again no email confirmation that I have a new box on the way?! 

Just looking for reassurance that I haven't been fobbed off by another person, as this is getting closer to the end of the 14 day cooling off period and I don't want to be trapped if they won't assist. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Renew contract - lies about replacement box?

Hello SDeakin

I am so sorry for the runaround you have been given by our Customer Service Team 

I can see the like for like box swap has been delivered now and signed for. 

Can you please confirm that is correct 

I am happy to help should you still need this fixing 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos