cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew contract email

Doveyk24
Joining in

My contract ended 4th August so I returned to my full price of £62 per month. Today I recieved and email from virgin; all seems legit, offering me a 25% discount for 18 months on my current package. Offer is valid today only apparently... when I go through the link I get a 'oops, something went wrong message' and when I sign into my account there is no option to select this offer on the page. Is the email legitimate and if so how do I take advantage of the offer when the link isn't working? We are Happy on our current package and don't need to make any changes or add any extras. Has anyone else had this? Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Doveyk24
Joining in

Screenshot_20230809_194803_Gallery.jpg

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Doveyk24,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced with sorting the package, can I ask when your current contract ends?

Let us know,

Kain

ABrowne
Dialled in

Yes quite a few people on here have had similar emails and quite a few have reported the same problem of getting that error message when they try to take advantage of the offer. I am one of those people, and in my case I got the email a month ago, with a reminder two weeks later, and, more in recent days, a pop up on My Virgin Media offering contract renewal at a discount, but no longer specifying how much the discount is. They've all led to the same error message. The Forum Team here have acknowledged that the email is legitimate and they have been aware of the problems many have had with this email for the past month, and say these are being investigated, but there have been no further updates on it. It's rather frustrating! Today I got an ad from Virgin Media on my Facebook feed, again offering a discount for contract renewal. This link in this didn't work either. In a reply to a Facebook comment from someone who was also having problems Virigin Media suggested trying this link instead: https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/ooc_renewal When I do that, it tells me I'm not eligible for the offer, which has possibly been the issue all along, but it's a far better response than an "Oops, something went wrong!" message, and it would be even better if Virgin Media didn't send out offers to people who aren't eligible for them, if that's what's been happening. 

Thank you @Doveyk24 

We are aware that this issue has ben occurring and we have fed this back to the teams and they are currently investigating, as soon as we have an update we will let you know.

Hi Kian,

Thank you for your reply.

My contract ended the 4th August

Many thanks