Menu
wilson_campbell
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Renew - Treating loyal customer badly - still same old issue but worse

Once again it comes to this time of year for me. The time I dread, the task that takes up a lot of my time, a task full of hassle. Renewing my contract again and trying to get it down to a reasonable monthly charge. On top of that I am a teacher and have to do remote teaching from home. My contract ends near the end of this month. So I phoned up yesterday and today. Thought yesterdays price was maybe a mistake so checked again today. The renewal monthly charge quoted is a massive jump of nearly £20 more. I have M100 and unlimited land line only. I have now been with NTL and virgin for 20 years in a row and it gets worse every year at renewal. My current monthly charge is also not that great, my father got the same for £7 cheaper a month after I started my contract.

Last year I had to cancel may contract because I could not get a good price, was in process of changing over when virgin accidentally cut me off and lost my telephone number I had had for 20 years. Had no internet for a week and no landline for over two weeks (do no use a mobile). Had to change contacts details for everything and make phone contacts to tell them my new number. Virgin compensated me for this after a lot of chasing. Then got reasonable offer from virgin as I was literally physically changing services and stuck with virgin again. After all the hassle I had I took it as did not want anymore hassle and also stuck with it to save me having to change my email address details on my other accounts. Probably should not have but I had other family issues going on at the time also and did not want to risk again any time without a landline or internet access.

Has anyone manged to get a renewal recently that matches their previous years or even close.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Renew - Treating loyal customer badly - still same old issue but worse

I agree with your sentiments - ANY phone contact with VM is an experience I dread, more than dentists, doctors, or the like.  And for VM (and many other companies) customer loyalty is a commodity to be exploited to the full.

However, are you playing the game correctly? 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/can-you-downgrade-package-without-using-the...

Not all aspects may apply to you, but there's some stuff to be going on with?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

M100 and phone is £51 a month.
what did they offer you
0 Kudos
wilson_campbell
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yes tried the usual, have given months notice this afternoon. Couple of mins after my post here my telephone line cut out. Hope they have not cut me off again 😞 

0 Kudos
wilson_campbell
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have always got it for between 28 and 33 per month. Father got it for £27. He has also been with them for years also. We do not really need the M100, they keep bosting it from M50 anytime we change it down. Other companies doing it cheaper or around same for around M50 speed. Sky was £25 last year, NOWtv about same now (same company really) Vodaphone for same now about £31
0 Kudos
wilson_campbell
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just off phone with foreign call centre. They did cut me off again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This call centre I spoke to cannot handle this and will have to phone again tomorrow.

This is a complete Joke!!!

Have no landline now to phone work, receive call for from doctors, or phone my elderly parents etc (do not use a mobile)!!!!

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey there wilson_campbell, I'm sorry about the renewing issue and that you've lost your services, especially your landline. We're unable to make package changes on here as it's a Technical Forum but I've managed to find your details to have a nosey and can see that your services are still active however there is a local area fault that was raised quite recently. The estimated fix time is 11/01 where our engineers are working as fast as they can to get you back up and running.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
wilson_campbell
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi,

Turned out my service has been cancelled in error. Representative that fixed it had to cancel my notification of cancelation to get it sorted.

0 Kudos
n_s_simpson
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's about time laws were changed. I'm sick of each year having the same conversation with VM. This year my price is going from £57 to £104 on renewal!!! I've cancelled it (again) but this time may actually go elsewhere. I'm just fed up with this crap!

0 Kudos