Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Removing box outside and inside house

I have recently purchased a house which has virgin media boxes inside and on the front of the house. I would like to remove them as I am not a VM customer. 

How can we remove them? There is a box on the front of the house and the cable is across the front garden and down the party wall into the road. Can we just take them down? How would we deal with the input from the road? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removing box outside and inside house

is the box an eye sore on house?, since what if you want to have virginmedia at one point need to have cabling re-added etc.. virginmedia wouldn't remove the cabling/box, if going to remove cabling would be adding a terminator to the end of the cable to stop noise getting into network.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes it’s an eyesore. We won’t be having virgin in the future. Ok thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The inside box you can disconnect & remove yourself. The external box & drop from the cabinet are classed as a utility feed (the same as a gas or electricity main) & Virgin are not obliged to remove it.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos