Menu
Tom421
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Remove a blueyonder.co.uk em address

There are 2 blueyonder em addresses linked to my account. The primary account was hacked and now receives countless scam and spam messages. How do I delete it and make the other address primary (This address has not been hacked)?

If necessary is it easy to close and reopen the account - I find it impossible dealing with the help line

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remove a blueyonder.co.uk em address

You can't do any of this. The primary account remains for the duration of the time you are with VM. It cannot be removed by you or by VM. You cannot make a secondary address a primary address. You cannot close it or reopen it. You cannot use the same email address twice. You can stop using the primary address for email but you will always need the address and its password for logging in to My Virginmedia. You can switch to using the secondary account just for email.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tom421
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tx for this - it’s as I thought but frustratingly inflexible by VM. This is something they must resolve especially with the world full of scammers.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom421,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving a lot of unwanted emails to your primary email account. I'm afraid that HowardML has advised correctly - we aren't able to delete primary email accounts. 

If there's anything else we can help you with please do just let us know.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos