Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Removal of loyalty discounts increasing bill

Hi, I’d really appreciate some help here as it now seems impossible to get in contact with anyone from Virgin Media due to the shutting of call centres right now.

My bill for next month has jumped up hugely due to the removal of around £20 worth of loyalty discounts etc in April. I want to discuss this with someone as I’m not prepared to pay such a high bill monthly, especially as my income has been hugely impacted by coronavirus. If I can’t resolve this and get the discounts added back on my account, I need to change my package to bring the price down. Does anyone have any ideas around this or know a way I can actually speak to someone at Virgin at the moment?  

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removal of loyalty discounts increasing bill

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat with the latest bill, it has jumped from the mid £40's to the high £60's for the low TV package, my loyalty discount runs until May so thats another £20 to add unless I grovel again, then there's the tivo rental and line rental which I pay up front annually, Is it worth it or do I move to Freeview then consider the options for broadband and phone from other suppliers, Been with NTL [Virgin} for decades and they take advantage of loyalty

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I share your concern. I wish VM will operate something like Giffgaff where customers are getting an answer quite quickly after sending a message to a member who is in charge.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would like them to say, ok we will put you on the lowest tariff, just select the 20 channels you would like to receive, because to be quite honest I find the vast majority are pure tat from the USA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That’s not going to happen.

Just cancel and rely on Freeview if you have no regard for American programming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos