Menu
Shaw2
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Removal of catv green box of my land

Please can you advise how I start the process of removing a virgin green cable box off my land

thank you

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removal of catv green box of my land

It would be very unusual if a VM equipment cabinet would be placed on private land. These are normally placed on an established “service strip” on the land adjoining properties. These are also placed with council permits. So you would have to prove this is not the case with yours.

Cabinets are not normally moved unless there are serious issues, & then usually at the expense of the person wanting them moved.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Shaw2
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have proven it is installed on my land with bt as I assumed it was there box originally, they have now guided me that as it has catv on the pavement access nearby it is a virgin box

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Shaw2, and a very warm welcome to you!

Do you possibly have any pictures of the cabinet so we can investigate this? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Shaw2
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

377A7AD3-67E8-4F90-9FD3-AE69E1FF0986.jpeg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If this a street cabinet that you're enquiring about, I'd recommend a read of the following previous thread on the same subject.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Moving-a-VM-Street-Cabinet/td-p/4718435 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Shaw2
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but it’s not in the street it’s on my land, I would like it moved to the street 

0 Kudos
Shaw2
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I have already spoken to council and they have confirmed it is not a service strip and definitely my land

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That strip could be highway land. The Highway Authority has a public right of way for the surface and as much of the subsoil as is necessary for the control, protection and maintenance of the highway, and the boundary of the highway could well be the fence, hedge or wall running parallel with a road. I strongly suspect that VM, or its precessor company, had every right to install the cabinet.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Shaw2
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I’ve checked already and it isn’t highway land. I’m more trying to find the right dept, email or phone number for virgin to request removal. While I appreciate your input I have paid for legal advice and received communication from the council already as BT asked me the same questions. I am aware it is incorrectly positioned on my land 

0 Kudos