cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Virgin cable & external/internal Virgin box’s = Trip Hazard

HSG75
Tuning in

Hello,

My X tenant decided to have Virgin internet installed without my consent to my property, the cable runs from the front of my driveway in a green tube, which is not even buried properly in the ground causing a trip hazard, when maintaining the front garden.
The external box on the outside wall looks damaged & has been placed outside a bedroom wall & the internal box has been placed inside the bedroom wall by Virgin Media. I really need all of the Virgin Media cables & boxes removing as soon as possible please, this is preventing me from having a new driveway installed, & stopping me from decorating my toddler’s bedroom also future development, can anyone help me please, of removing these items?

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post up some photos of this alleged hazard/H&S issue?

You will have an uphill struggle getting VM to remove any cabling unless it is shown to be a H&S issue. They often take the view that spending money on works that could hinder future installs, is not sensible.

Photos will help prove either way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

The easy, quick option is to remove it yourself. 

There's no legal agreement between you and VM, and in fact the original install was without your authority.  With neither the correct permission to install originally, and no enduring right for the company to leave their equipment on your land you're within your rights to remove it.  You're also within your rights to require them to remove it and do a reinstatement to your satisfaction. 

See what the forum staff advise, they'll normally pass requests like this to the area field manager.  Some AFM are very good and will sort things out quickly, some simply never respond and nothing will be done.  As there's a H&S allegation there's a better chance of something being done, but if this doesn't get sorted quickly, just DIY.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @HSG75 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear our cables are causing a trip hazard.

I'd love to assist further! Would you mind sharing some photos as suggested by japitts and we can take it from there?

Hope to hear from you soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

HSG75
Tuning in

I am trying to upload some photos for you to view but l am seeing a message highlighted in red, telling me it exceeds the size? 

Hi Ayisha,

can you forward me your work email address so l can get you these very important images across to use please 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@HSG75 wrote:

I am trying to upload some photos for you to view but l am seeing a message highlighted in red, telling me it exceeds the size? 

Resize your images (sometimes available as a feature within smartphone picture/camera functions or via computer software) and then re-upload.

Hi @HSG75,

Are you able to re-size the photographs?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

I did but it the site does not seem to recognise my iPhone 12 Pro Max software?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @HSG75 

How to Convert HEIC to JPG on iPhone
In the Photos app, find the photo you wish to convert and tap Share. Tap Copy Photo. 
Open the Files app on your iPhone. Tap On My iPhone. Long-press on an empty area and tap Paste.
The photo has now been pasted and automatically converted to JPG.
Tap the image to share it or Save Image to save it to your Photos

If you'd prefer a simpler way to convert HEIC to JPG on your iPhone, you can also send yourself an email with the photo attached. The photo will automatically be converted to JPG in the process.

If you would prefer to save all your photos automatically as JPG rather than HEIC, here's how to do so.

In the Settings app,Tap Camera. > Formats. > Tap Most Compatible to save photos automatically as JPG.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali