cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocate coax cable from brown box

sallypollard
Tuning in

Hi 

Hopefully someone may have the answer here have already done a search but could not find the answer . So my question is when i had virgin 360 installed back in June 2021 the engineer who installed it ran the coax from the brown box and over the roof and into the sitting room wall socket ,now this was not ideal at the time but was the easiest way at the time so fast forward to now is where an issue sits is that im having to have some roofing work done soon and this coax needs to be rerouted but i cannot find how much virgin media are likely to charge just to relocate a simple cable image attached .20230903_173052.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Non-fault cable modifications are £25. The forum staff can arrange that on here. They normally reply within a few days but replies generally seem slow at the moment.

It is unusual to see it installed over the roof for a recent installation. Was there a particular reason for that?

How are you envisaging it is rerouted this time around?

Engineer decided to install it that way as he would not run the coax around the side of the wall to the sitting room which is located at the back of the bungalow but the brown box is on the front, so he decided it was to go over the roof which is not ideal .

A cable route around the side of your bungalow would have presumably involved many cable clips having to be hammered in. A cowboy lasso trick throwing the cable over the roof was obviously a lot quicker! Make sure you get the cable installed as you need for your roofing project when it is relocated.

Hi @sallypollard 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query regarding a cable move. As mentioned by the community we can book this for you however there will be a £25 call-out charge as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides To best help book this for you I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Have replied to the private message with required info .

@Akua_A wrote:

Hi @sallypollard 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query regarding a cable move. As mentioned by the community we can book this for you however there will be a £25 call-out charge as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides To best help book this for you I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. Thanks,

I have replied to the private message yesterday with the required security info but had no response.

Thank you @sallypollard 

I can see you have responded to the PM and our agent will pop back to you as soon as they can.