cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejoining with new customer offer

Mazdziosz
Joining in

Hi

The contract has been signed on my brother and we've been with Virgin Media for about 10 years now.

We've been paying almost £70 only for broadband (M350 Fibre Broadband) since March 2023.

The customer support didn't help me with poor offers, and apparently only new customers are allowed to offers like this:

Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 15-24-59 Our Best Broadband Deals £0 Setup September 2023 - Virgin Media.png

So my question is, can my brother cancel the contract, and then I'll rejoin as the new customer without the disconnection period? If so, how I should go about it?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM sell new customer deals at a loss, so don't expect to get new customer deals just by "swapping" to another resident with the same name at the same address.

If you want new customer deals you will have to leave VM completely after your contract ends, return the equipment & not try to sign up again for at least 3 months before they will even consider signing you up on one.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Assuming that the £70 fee is a post-discount rolling contract amount then as far as I can see yes you can. However there may be some dislocation over the cross over of contracts and equipment returns. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Amarok17
Hanging out

Well now, some posts on here have indicated that what you are suggesting, for them, has worked just fine which doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for you, such is the broken and dysfunctional customer service provision that VM choose to run. But worth a try!

But, beforehand, you say you have only the 350 Mb/s broadband provision, do check alternative suppliers, what can they offer, how much - because if you do call VM and try to negotiate and threaten to leave, they will be aware of what you can get just as much as you are!

Be aware of your options, think about what provision you actually do need and move on appropriately.

As above. Just to add I am not aware of anything stopping you both continuing to relay contracts at the end of every 18 month contractual period either (although I note that VM are stealthily introducing two year contracts as FTTP competition begins to heat up). 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here