Menu
RachJ79
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Reimbursement for broadband downtime

Hi there.

During the pandemic our broadband has been down on several occasions - we both work from home so heavily rely on the internet. It was down again today and I consequently missed several meetings.

Is there any chance of being reimbursed for these occasions?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reimbursement for broadband downtime

We’ll automatically credit your bill for fixed phone line and broadband issues, no matter if you’re a new or existing customer. Here’s how much we’ll credit you for the following service issues:

£8.06 per day for a total loss of service after 2 full working days from registering the loss of service to us
£5.04 per day if we don’t install your services on the promised day until installation’s completed
£25.18 if we don’t turn up on the promised day of an appointment

details at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

If you need the connection for work you should get a business line iwth a SLA to suit or get a backup line
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reimbursement for broadband downtime

Hi RachJ79, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's really great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your connection. As mentioned above by apcyberax, we do automatically compensate for any total loss of service but this is only for periods that are for 2 days or more.

If you are experiencing shorter dropouts then you would need to notify us of the issue. You can do this by calling the team on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 2 then 1 again so they can check your connection and either get things back up and running for you or they will need to look in to it further and then a credit for any downtime can be discussed. 

Checking your Hub, all looks OK from this end. I can see from the connected devices that all bar one are connected via WiFi, for the devices being used for work, I would recommend connecting them via ethernet cable to get the strongest connection and this will also avoid any downtime due to the WiFi dropping. 

Let us know how things are going and if you need any further support. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos