Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Registering for My Virgin Media

The registration process wants a 9 digit  account number but my statements only have an 8 digit account - anyone any ideas? I've tried adding a leading zero TNA. Can't get through to Virgin at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Registering for My Virgin Media

Hi Roger_1956

If you account number only has 8 digits put a zero infront this will allow you to create your online account

For exapmle  acc 012345678

Regards

John 

I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering for My Virgin Media

Thanks John. For info, multiple issues eventually. When I paid proper attention, adding the leading zero DID resolve the initial "9 digit" error message, but left the VM app looping back to the same screen with no error or other info - not great. I eventually noticed that my statement had a typo on my surname and when I replicated that on the logon screen it did try to progress. I then got an error saying that a sign on for the account already existed under some random user name. Support resolved that via a text conversation. Thanks again.

0 Kudos