Menu
Hassan121
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Registering Username Problem online

Hello

My TV broadband and phone line are active. 

I'm trying to register online for an online account but it's stuck in a loop. I enter my surname and account number along with area code and complete the captcha question but it keeps reloading and not actually registering. Keeps bringing me back to the same screen. 

I've checked my account number and all my other details so they are correct. 

Please only give me proper suggestions. It's clearly an issue with the website. I've tried different devices and different web browsers. I've exhausted all options. No idea what to do. Can't even use any virgin apps. 

Tried ringing them but these over sea advisors don't have a clue what's going on. 

How do we solve this issue ? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering Username Problem online

Sorry to hear that Hassan121, 

Have you tried to do this on different browsers? can you also try deleting your cookies etc and trying again too..

Keep me posted please 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Joe_F wrote:

Sorry to hear that Hassan121, 

Have you tried to do this on different browsers? can you also try deleting your cookies etc and trying again too..

Keep me posted please 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

Sorry to butt in, but I am curious - could Hassan121's problem be linked to the fact that no one (AFAIK) can get into myprofile/manage accounts in the VM system?  And this has been going on since late last week.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Hassan121
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

I have already mentioned I have tried different browsers and it still does not work. I have cleared cookies and tried it incognito as well.
This issue is occurring for more than one member and has been occurring for over a year as I can tell.

Does anyone actually have a fix for it rather than suggesting basic things which have been tried?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hassan121,

I can certainly appreciate the frustration this is causing. 

Just so we can rule this out as a potential issue, can you confirm you are entering 9 numbers for your account number?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Hassan121
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You lot are hilarious! I don't wanna be one of "them" customers but believe me I have enterted everything correctly. Stop trying to get your response numbers up and raise an issue with the tech team who deal with website issues and get the problem resolved. The same issues has been getting raised for months on this forum so please stop trying to make suggestions and actually resolve the website glitch. 

I have checked all my details are correct, I have tried browsers and clearing cookies. I have tried in different cities and devices. I have tried whilst upside down hanging from the local tree in the local park whilst rubbing my stomach and patting my nose. 

Honestly, raise the issue with the web team. I understand parts of the website are down at the moment so lets hope this is something they are fixing.

❤️ Lots of love ❤️

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hassan121,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community.

I am sorry you are having issues attempting to set up an online account.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look into this for you, I have set up 2 online accounts today so I am confident I will be able to assist you.

I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.