Menu
gixersix
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Register for an account

Hi, had our install on Saturday but still can't register for a virgin account so can't get virgin tv go either. I had a virgin contract in 2017 also. I can't register using my personal email (that I used on the old contract) or when I try to use a different personal email 😡. Its really frustrating! Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Register for an account

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums gixersix and I'm sorry to see you've been unable to register for a self-care account.

Can you please try either clearing the cache on the browser you've been using, or using an alternative browser when setting up a self-care account to see if this works?

You will also need to use an alternative E-Mail account from the one you used on your previous account back in 2017 as this will permanently be the primary account for that former self-care account

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
gixersix
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Thx for the answer but still will not work.

Same error message.

0 Kudos
Melvb
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Forget it, change to another ISP
I have the same problem, I got broadband 9 weeks ago, and after well over 400 messages on there chat support since that time, they cannot fix it.
Its not possible to complain either as you have to log into your account to do that.
I was told this was a common problem, seems like they dont want returning customers.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi gixersix,

Thank you for coming back to us, when you have tried to register did you try to use an alternative email that hasn't been used first, once set up you can then change this and use the preferred email.

If the email you have has been used on another account as advised this will give an error and not allow you to continue, you can select to use one of our email address for the initial set up.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
gixersix
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20201022-170833_Chrome.jpg

 Now when I try to create an account it says this. Looks like someone has set up an account for me or thats the old account. When I try to log in and click forgot password it asks me fir the last bill date (but I haven't had a bill yet). This is a real pain now. I only want to setup a new account.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi gixersix,

Thanks for the update, so I can help further I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
gixersix
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nothing in the purple envelope 

0 Kudos