cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Emilyalice97
Joining in

Anyone else experienced this?

I left Virgin in February after they informed me of their price hike, meaning I would have been paying almost £70 a month for wifi and basic television. After a few attempts to get me to stay, they ended my contract, with me overpaying £49.45. 
Around 6 weeks later, a cheque arrives in the post for the amount I had overpaid. Brilliant! I’ve just had a baby a few weeks early and every penny counts with the shocking rate of SMP. I try and cheque it in on my phone via the banks app - cheque does not conform to standard sizing so cannot be verified that way. Traipse into town with my 4 week old baby to go to the bank. No one actually working in the bank so I use the paying in machine. Same issue. Return to the bank a few days later when I’ve been told someone can help. Cheque cashed in behind the desk. Amazing, I can expect funds imminently! WRONG. I receive a notice from my bank that the “Payment has been stopped” by Virgin. I’ve contacted virgin to ask why that is, no one can tell me. All I was told was that a new cheque would be sent out to me and “this time it will clear”. I was also told I needed to go back to the bank and ask for the cheque I had already deposited so I could send it to them. So off I go, to the bank for the THIRD TIME to be told they don’t have the cheque and even if they did that’s not how it works, and they would have sent it back to Virgin’s bank as soon as it bounced, and there is no was I ever should have been told to go back to the bank to collect it myself. 
So, anyone else found they had such a terrible experience leaving? It’s almost like Virgin have made this deliberately difficult in the hopes I don’t get back the money that they owe me….? Or am I just being cynical? Either way, absolutely terrible service. I want answers on why my cheque was stopped and why they gave me misleading information, causing me to travel a substantial distance 3 times unnecessarily with a tiny baby, whilst trying to navigate parenthood with a lack of sleep and £50 worse off!!

2 REPLIES 2

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast
Emily, your experience sounds unnecessary and inconvenient. Raise a complaint here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints or wait until someone working for VM has a look. I don't think they can deal with closing accounts, though, but I might be wrong.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint
Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Emilyalice97

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and we certainly hope for a better experience for our customers. I am going to drop you a private message to confirm some more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs