Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Refund

Hello, I would like to know how long it will take to give me e a refund of 125£. This is the deposit which I paid at the start of my contract for broadband? Thank you, Barua

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refund

you do not pay a deposit. the money you pay at the start is a install/activation fee and you will not get this back

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oh they said, I could claim it back after 6 months.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @akashbarua2000

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first ever post. 

Just to confirm, yes - some accounts do require a deposit when joining us. This is separate from any install or activation fee and is held on your account until you leave us.

This is usually refunded back to you when you leave via a cheque refund. This is usually done within around 35 days of you leaving us and we advise to allow 10 days for delivery. 

From locating your account from your forum information I can see that you have since been in touch with us and we have advised you accordingly about your deposit; I do hope that you are happy with what we have advised but of course if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be more than happy to help you out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos