Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Refund

• I recently paid twice the amount I needed due to the app telling me it had NOT gone through the first time and to try again and I needed my services restored for my daughters school work so I did but when lookin at my bank statement VM had taken my money twice so my account is now in credit which I don’t want I am a single mother to 3 children and wanted to pay VM off to go to another provider to reduce my costs each month I want to cancel VM but not sure if they will pay me the money back which I paid extra by accident which is what I will use to set up a cheaper provider as I really need the service and extra money right now do you think they will reimburse my money straight away or will it take a while as I really need thiss extra cash (£65) which was my monthly cost for tv and broadband any advice or help appreciated thank you in advance x
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refund

Speak to the bank & raise an indemnity claim, that will in turn use the credit to pay the bill meaning only one payment will be taken.  
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-direct-debit-guarentee

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refund

An indemnity claim will only work for a direct debit wont it?

You could ring customer service and ask them to refund a card payment made in error. Bear in mind though you need to give 30 days notice to close the account.

0 Kudos