cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund on cancelled subscription

Hairyeyeballs
Joining in

Hi, just received an email after 2 months about a refund I am due on my cancelled broadband contract with virgin media. I was told at first that it would a cheque in the post but they've said its just going back into the bank account that I used for the direct debits. My question is this.. Will the refund still go through even if I cancelled the direct debit many moons ago? Any pointers appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Hairyeyeballs 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry for any confusion regarding your refund, to clarify, if the direct debit has been cancelled then the refund would not be able to process to the bank, we would instead arrange the refund to be sent via cheque.

Thank you so much for answering Ashleigh. Can I do this through here because I cannot get in touch with a human being via telephone no matter how hard I try. Or is there a way of re-activating the direct debit maybe? 

You can add the direct debit details by our app.

Or text our WhatsApp on 👉🏼 +447305 327 112. 

Let us know how you get on.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

• It won't let me do it via the app. Just says something went wrong. After a 45 minute phone call yesterday I was told the payment will go through even though it obviously hasn't, and won't. Now I have to wait a further 14 working days to ring up again and ask for a cheque. Just an absolute farce. I left in July and I'm still waiting for a full months refund. Incompetence doesn't even cover it. I was told by a virgin media agent to cancel the direct debit 'just in case' another payment was taken. I can pick up the phone andspeak to a grain connect agent within 30 seconds. No wonder people are leaving virgin media in their droves. 

I am sorry that you have had a poor experience with our services. This is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we want to provide ☹. 

You can log this as a complaint by using the 👉🏼 link

Let us know how it goes after the 14 days.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Won't let me make a complaint either. Says my account has been disconnected. 

I am sorry to hear this, it should still let you make one.

If not we can look at raising one for you via PM please do let us know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

For anyone in a similar situation, it doesn't matter if you cancel the direct debit. The refund will still be issued via your bank account. I finally received it last week nearly 3 months after leaving virgin media.