cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund not received!! They wont return my money! Horrible experience

razvanAnisia
Joining in

I have disconnected my internet service with Virgin on the 31st of March 2023 by calling 03454541111, I was told by the person on the phone after calling that helped me discontinue the service that I would receive my refund after the equipment I send over reaches them, I was told to leave my direct debit on for the last month of notice and pay the last month in full and I would receive half of it back as a refund.
I informed the person that I am moving out of the country, so I wont have a UK address anymore, but  they did not say if there was an issue at the time with that?
A few weeks pass, i have to call again and I speak to someone else who tells me not to worry as I can cancel my direct debit now that the final payment was taken, as the refund will be received by standing order (bank transfer)
After 1 week of disconnecting, I receive an email confirming the equipment was received, so I expcted to receive the refund in a few weeks...but not the case.
So I research online and find some information that they actually send cheques to new addresses for refunds? what? but I've moved out of the country, and i've told that to the first person i spoke to who disconnected me and assured me that I will receive my refund. How can i receive my refund if they are sending a cheque? where are they gonna send it?
I call again, i contact billing..i stay 10 minutes waiting for the person on the line to ask some colleague what will happen in my case , and they literally cannot confirm if i will be paid by cheque or bank transfer? they tell me they will call me again tomorrow with an answer.. BUT THEY NEVER DO.
Another 2 weeks pass, its 8th of May, 5 weeks after disconnecting..no money in my account..so i call again, again billing department..and they tell me that there is no way for us to get our refund if we dont accept a cheque ? WHAT? surely people move out of the country and leave Virgin? i cant be the only one who needs to get a refund? you have my bank details, I've been paying you for the last 4 years using them via direct debit, i can provide you with them again, but telling me that the only way is a cheque? this makes no sense in this day and age?
Yes im aware it might take 45 days to get the payment, but regardless i just wanted confirmation that it wont be a cheque because you dont have the address to send it and i cant cash it in here..  After speaking to 4 different people on the phone seems like your customer service staff are clueless on how things are meant to run there and have conflicting opinions..?
Could someone please help me get the matter resolved because it is ridicoulous. I can provide you with any information you need.

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi razvanAnisia,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to get a refund when you cancelled your account, so I can help and get this looked into for you I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.