Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Refund cheque undeliverable

We have moved house and unfortunately Virgin Media are unable to provide service to our new home and so with much sadness we have had to say goodbye and close our account after 15 wonderful years.   For the last 10 of those years I have been married to the the love of my life but unfortunately VM was the only organisation unable to change my surname in light of this happy coupling and I have been forever know by my old name on the account.

In common with most organisations account closure refunds are only processed in the most inconvenient method to the customer - by return of a cheque to the old address in the post after 45 days - despite having taken regular monthly payments from my bank account via direct debit for the last 200+ months.

Whilst we put in place postal redirection for all our mail from our old house to our new house this only applies to mail addressed to my current surname.  Not unreasonable after 10 years.

So the refund cheque will never be delivered to me as it will never be redirected by Royal Mail and I will never be able to cash it.  Thanks virgin media - I suppose your tactic has improved your profits.

Ali

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refund cheque undeliverable

will flag this as i agree it seems totally unreasonable - that said i would think you will have an uphill battle to get them to do anything - after all you were only a paying CUSTOMER and their system has to be correct - or at least they think so

lets hope one of the VM people here has a little more sense and can help

Tony
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refund cheque undeliverable

Good Afternoon Ali,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues picking up the refund from our team

I'd be happy to look into this to see what can be done to resolve this issue

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn