cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral not paying

L_M-1982-R_E
Joining in

Several months ago I was referred to Virgin Media.  I used the given link and called to set up my account.  I was told that it would be up to 60 days from setting up my account but then my referral bonus would be paid.  

When the 60 days was up I tried chat and got fobbed off to contact Aklamio.  So I contacted Aklamio who told me there was no record of my referral.  

My next step was to make a formal complaint using your website.  When I did this it said 

"your complaint reference: **** "  I kid you not.  It was only stars with NO ACTUAL REFERENCE!!! 

I then tried to track the complaint (which did not exist).  

I looked to see if I had been sent the complaint reference (of course i haven't)  

I am also waiting for about 30 minutes on your supposed "live chat". 

Does anyone actually have these referrals paid?  Or do I need to cancel Virgin Media.  
I'm not willing to remain with a company that breaks promises to its customers and makes official compaints impossible.  

I will be raising this with CISAS if it isn't fixed shortly (I have been trying to resolve this for 3 weeks now at least.  

7 REPLIES 7

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello L_M-1982-R_E

Sorry to hear of the issues with the refer a friend credit and it not being applied to your account, we understand the concern caused and you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

We're happy to look into this further for you, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details to look into this.

Rob

My issue has been resolved after several hours on chat.  I have saved the conversation in case the promise does not materialise.  

Thanks for the update and we're pleased to hear the issue was resolved during the chat. Did you request a copy of this be emailed to you for your records?

Rob

After myself FINALLY receiving the virgin credit I spoke to my father who is going through the same process (he referred me and I USED THE CODE).  We have called Virgin Media several times.  We have also contacted Aklamio who seem to have no records.  Both myself and brother got the referral for my dad referring us.  We are very upset that a disabled OAP is being taken advantage of with refusal to pay the referral.  We have raised a complaint but will be complaining to OFCOM next as Virgin Media are taking no responsibility for the promises they made.  Instead they are passing the buck with a third party.  I was never asked if i wanted a contract with Aklamio so it is Virgin's responsibility to fix their mistake. 

Hi @L_M-1982-R_E 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that your father has not received their refer a friend credit from when they referred you last year. All referrals are paid via Aklamio through the Aklamio online account. If you have had a credit applied to your Virgin Media account to resolve a complaint for not receiving the referral credit, then this would not have followed the normal process and would have been applied manually. 

Adding this credit manually to your Virgin Media account, does not automatically apply to your father's Virgin Media account like it would through the Aklamio accounts. My apologies for any misunderstanding of this process when you were discussing and resolving your account on the chat you advised the issues was resolved on. 

Did your father also raise a complaint on their account for the missing referral from Aklamio back in November too? Do you have power of attorney for your father's account at all? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

He has been on the phone for several hours and has been passed back and forth to Aklamio and Virgin.  It's awful that Virgin are abdicating any real responsibility for a promotion which you are still advertising.  This problem has been complained about by myself for months.  My dad raised an official complaint over the phone and was given a reference number.  There is not, however, any place on your website for us to track this.  In addition he did not, despite a promise from the agent on the phone, receive an email confirming the official complaint.   I can see from your forum that there are a huge number of people facing the same issues.  At the end of the day Virgin made the promise about the referral.  Even if you use a third party to process this on your behalf then it is Virgin that is responsible for the referral.  If you cannot then it is false advertising as you are advertising something which is illegal.  

If you cannot resolve this in a suitable way (paying my dad the full £100 referral for referring his two children as well as some form of financial compensation for his inconvenience, worry and anxiety).

Thanks for coming back to us L_M-1982-R_E, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L