Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Refer a friend

I  have tried to find out when my friend and I can expect the £50 credit as I referred a friend and they had their service installed the second week in January and have paid their first bill.. I have spent 2 hours on the phone and another hour online and couldn’t get a straight  answer from anyone, as each person I spoke to gave me the runaround and I am still not sure when I will receive the £50 credit. I am frustrated and angry that what I thought would be an easy process has turned out to be a problem for Virgin to give me and my friend our £50 credit. I would be grateful if someone can help to resolve this matter for me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a friend

Hi almiralves,

Welcome to the community!

Can I ask if your friend signed up via the link included in the invitation email sent to them? 

You should receive your £50 credit around 28 days after your friend has been installed (and once your friend's 14 day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee has passed). This is provided that the correct referral process was followed.

Your friend will receive their £50 credit on their first bill.

You can find more information in regards to the Refer a Friend process here.

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes they signed up via the invitation email but still no sign of the credit and it is over 28 days since the installation and no credit on first bill. I spoke to different people from Virgin and they have  different reasons that just contradicted what they had said for no credit so far and where not helpful at all. I have learnt my lesson and will never again refer a friend to Virgin as their customer care is extremely poor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back.

What date was your friend installed? And when was your last bill produced?

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My friend was installed on the 14th January and my last bill was produced on 13th February and is due on 4th March. Do you want me to check when my 

friends first bill was paid?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So the credit would have been applied after a total of 42 days has passed since your friend was installed. This would mean that the credit would appear on your March bill.

Has your friend received the credit on her first bill yet?

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My friend did not receive any Credit on first bill  they paid £94 for first two months and installation charge and their next bill date is 25th February and is due on 16th March

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Okay, something doesn't seem quite right there then.

I'm going to pop you over a PM which you'll find located in the purple envelope in the top right corner of the page!

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help I will look out for your message

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am trying to send pm with referral email but it says I have reached limit for sending pm

0 Kudos