Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Refer a friend £50 credit - broken promise

I have recently referred a friend to join Virgin Media Broadband. We both got an email as a thank you.

My friend registered following the email and I only have an email saying that credit will be applied after my friend's 14 day Customer Guarantee period.

My friend needed to call to get their £50 credit after the 14 day period and informed me that I have to do the same. After calling customer service and sending them a copy of the email, they informed me that they can't help and I needed to speak with accounts. Customer service patched me through accounts and after spending 40 minutes on the phone, confirmed that my friend is now setup as a customer. However accounts refused to give me my credit because they said that my friend did not follow the instructions on the email and registered online. I then asked, why they provided him with the £50 credit as promised for being a referral and not me - response was, "due to customer data privacy, we cannot provide that information". Seems very fishy to me.

I sent numerous email to customer support and still no response.

After spending so much time on the phone (which cost me a premium to call Virgin Customer Support, even though I called 150 on my Virgin phone line), following the instructions, why is it so hard to get what was promised on the Refer a Friend offer?

Has anyone else experienced the same issue and how did you finally get the £50 promise. I have other friends and family looking to move broadband but seriously doubting referring them to Virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a friend £50 credit - broken promise

Hi

I had the same with a mobile phone referral, even following the link, still didn't get anything. My advice, raise a complaint through Virgin and if no joy, use the following link: https://complaint.resolver.co.uk/users/sign_in#/dashboard

Regards

CM
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi aguansing,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post. I'm really sorry that you've had difficulty receiving your referral credit. If you have the relevant emails, there should be no problem honouring this for you.

I'm going to send you a private message so we can clear account security and look into this further. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Private message received and responded. Thank you.