cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a Friend

GaryH63
Joining in

I referred a friend and her services were all installed at the end of May.

She went via the local agent who set it all up and advised her to tell me to call VM re the referral bonus.

I have emailed the company that do this for VM but seem to be going round in circles!

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

GaryH63
Joining in
Since had this
Thank you for your message.

If a purchase has been completed through the hotline, the Virgin Media's agent was obliged to register the reward in our referral system. As we can see, this has not been done at all, and we do not know why. We are not able to assist you if their agent has not registered anything in the referral system.

We are very sorry, but we are not able to add any rewards to the user accounts retroactively, if the Virgin Media's agent did not register the reward in our referral system during the phone call. The referral code can be applied only during the original phone call that leads to the completed purchase.

We have no access to Virgin Media’s database, therefore we have no proof that the call took place or that the purchase was completed with the referral code.

Please contact Virgin Media directly so they can offer a solution:
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us or call 0345 454 1111.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Customer Support

Aklamio GmbH

Hauptstraße 27, Haus 9 Aufgang N
10827 Berlin, Germany

HRB 135742 B Charlottenburg District Court, VAT ID: DE 278905684
Managing Director: Robert Wetzker

GaryH63
Joining in
SInce had this

Thank you for your message.

If a purchase has been completed through the hotline, the Virgin Media's agent was obliged to register the reward in our referral system. As we can see, this has not been done at all, and we do not know why. We are not able to assist you if their agent has not registered anything in the referral system.

We are very sorry, but we are not able to add any rewards to the user accounts retroactively, if the Virgin Media's agent did not register the reward in our referral system during the phone call. The referral code can be applied only during the original phone call that leads to the completed purchase.

We have no access to Virgin Media’s database, therefore we have no proof that the call took place or that the purchase was completed with the referral code.

Please contact Virgin Media directly so they can offer a solution:
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us or call 0345 454 1111.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Customer Support

Aklamio GmbH

Hauptstraße 27, Haus 9 Aufgang N
10827 Berlin, Germany

HRB 135742 B Charlottenburg District Court, VAT ID: DE 278905684
Managing Director: Robert Wetzker

Hi GaryH63,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you've still not received your £50 refer a friend credit to your account.

Can we ask if you filled in the refer a friend referral through our website directly using the link here https://virginmedia.aklamio.com/?source=email_VMTV_edit

If so, did you receive any email confirmation regarding this? We would be happy to investigate this issue further for you. I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I referred via the code generated. She then told the field agent and he said that I had to call VM. Obviously he should have done something with the code but didn't. As you can tell from the response it can't be done retrospectively.

I made a complaint to VM and the response indicates that they haven't grasped the situation at all.

Hi GaryH63,

Just a quick note to advise you that the credit has been applied to your account now. We do apologise once again for any inconvenience caused due to this matter, as we're happy that we could resolve your complaint for you. 

If you need any further assistance, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.