Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Refer a Friend £50 credit not applied

Hi, I joined Virgin on the back of a call from a sales guy called 'Dean', once the street installations had finished, who provided a very good quote to join. I mentioned that my son was a Virgin Media member and he confirmed I could get £50 back on my bill plus my son would receive the same. Just had my first bill but no mention of discount? Sales guy said all he needed was my sons name, account number and address to process the deal.

Can anyone tell me why I've not received the discount. Spoke to contact centre who have no record of this being arranged and said I should have used a refer a friend code or QR!

Son's been with them approx 2 months and was previously with them in another property for 12 months.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a Friend £50 credit not applied

Hi there @Filwill

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for popping your first post to our wall - I am sorry that there has been some issues with your Refer a Friend Credit. 

This offer can only be applied if you sign up with us off the back of a referral from your friend; this is part of the T&C of the offer which you can see online here 

If you were referred by any other means, this would not be valid, I can only apologise. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie, Thanks for your reply. However when signing up via a telephone based consultant who contacted me after VM was installed in my close and after I had expressed an interest for contact after this time. Dean confirmed that he would sort the refer a friend (my son) discount and I have a string of text messages from him confirming this over a few weeks, nearly months now. Copy of messages below. Quite clear, in my opinion.

Philip Williams:

Hi Dean, re your call today to join Virgin Media. My son has sent me a referral to Virgin as an existing customer. Can I use this to join VM with the deal you offered? Thanks Phil Williams

Dean - Virgin Media:

Hi Phil yes I can do that for you would need your son’s Virginmedia account number name and address and full postcode, and you will both receive £50 credit after your installation, any other queries or would like to go ahead let me know thanks Dean Virginmedia 

Philip Williams:

Hi Dean, managed to get hold of BT at last and notice given to leave them so we can now set up Virgin. Can you call me when you’re available to start the process? Regards Phil Williams

Dean - Virgin Media:

Good morning Phil I have a conference call at 9.15 will call you after if that’s ok thanks Dean Virginmedia 

Philip Williams:

👍

Dean - Virgin Media:

Hi Phil Saturday the 18th am between 8&1 the engineer will call you upto 1 hour before thanks again Dean Virginmedia.

Philip Williams:

Hi Dean, left a few messages for you but no reply. Call was in relation to missing refer a friend discount payment for me and my son (the referer). Still not visible on bills plus contact centre say no record of this being arranged!?  Copy of your text confirmation here - Hi Phil yes I can do that for you would need your son’s Virginmedia account number name and address and full postcode, and you will both receive £50 credit after your installation, any other queries or would like to go ahead let me know thanks Dean Virginmedia     Please can you help? Thanks Philip Williams

Dean - Virgin Media:

Hi Philip I have forwarded to my Manager should be on both accounts with 72 hours thanks Dean Virginmedia 

Philip Williams:

Brilliant, thanks

Hi Dean, still no sign of the credit in my Virgin bill account? Not asked my son yet. FYI my account No is ********* Area 25. Can you please advise? Thanks Philip Williams

Dean - Virgin Media:

Hi Philip I have forwarded this to my manager and let you know soon as a get update thanks Dean Virginmedia 

Philip Williams:

👍

Hi Dean, Sorry to bother you again but still no sign of the credit in my VM account. Doesn’t give me much confidence to refer Virgin in the future if this is what happens. Thanks Philip

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Filwill,

Thanks for the above information. We will need to look in to this for you and find out who the sales person was who advised you regarding the refer a friend credit.

As Katie stated in the previous post if your refer a friend credit has not been done through the correct process this would not be applied. As you have sent us the message between you and the sales advsior we can get this looked in to.

Please can we also ask you remove any personal details fro your public post for security reasons.

I will pop you over a private message, click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jodi, personal info removed as advised.

0 Kudos