Menu
kriptikchicken
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Reducing services in mid-contract?

Hi, now I know at some point I will have to contact CS but I was just wondering if anyone has reduced the amount of services in their contract, mid-contract, and if so (after reading my situation below) how much you would guess they will ask me for, to do this. I just want to be prepared and not be put on the spot after waiting 2 hours to speak to them.

I would try and estimate it myself, but as my bill has increased from £41 to almost £63 in the first 4 months, I have no idea about VM's pricing policy.

I am just 6 months into my 18 month contract and have the following....

Mixit TV, Phone line + 350M line

What I want to do is lose the TV and the phone line and keep the 350M line. My TV does everything that I need already (Prime, Netflix, YouTube etc.) and I was told that getting the phone line would be a cheaper option. I didn't realise people still used landlines!

Thanks for any constructive responses.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Reducing services in mid-contract?

Hi,

You can change the services during contract but not remove them, its possible however to negotiate a new deal new by taking a new 18 month contract.

Best way to do this is by calling 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-4 (options for leaving) the best time of day to do this is 8am to avoid queues

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Reducing services in mid-contract?

EDF's are complicated. Read this. If you reduce but do not cancel services during a promotional period you will pay something, individually calculated:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos