cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light on Hub - need help

scotsbabe2023
On our wavelength

hello, my modem light turned red, can someone check it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi scotsbabe2023, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the hub, can you confirm if the colour changes when going back into router mode? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi scotsbabe2023, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the hub, can you confirm if the colour changes when going back into router mode? 

Kind regards, Chris. 

scotsbabe2023
On our wavelength

hi chris yep its changed back to amber, how do i connect to a network, i mean really, is it just not showing, i can access my modem thro my router, but networks not showing, its really complicated cos i got this desktoop as a gift

Thank you for that information. Do you have a device you can try via a Wired connection? 

^Martin

scotsbabe2023
On our wavelength

hi there, its saying im connected to an unknown network, plus i cant get file share to work

Hi scotsbabe2023,

Just to clarify, are you wishing to use your Hub in router mode or modem mode?

Are you having issues with your Hub when in router mode? If you're able to send a picture of your set up to us or what the issue is, this would really help.

Thanks,

Beth

scotsbabe2023
On our wavelength
hello, i have a screen shot of my router, i need to access, it with my virgin media details, not sure how to paste a copy on here

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

Sorry just to clarify on this, are you unable to connect to your Hub at all once it is Modem mode?

How is the router mode also?

Regards,

Kain

hi kain , god this is confusing, i have to access the router to get into my modem settings but this desktop seems to be unsuitable for virginmedia connect, i can connect in modem mode but the light turns red

Sorry for all of the questions scotsbabe2023, so you hub only shows a red light in modem mode and when you're in modem mode you aren't able to get a connection on the desktop when wired?

Have you ensured the network drivers for the desktop are up to date and any windows updates required have been completed (if it is a windows desktop) 

Rob