Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recontract Ultimate Oomph Bundle

I had an email from Virgin saying that my current oomph deal is coming to an end in a couple of weeks time and the price will rise by £50 a month.

One of the options given is to move to a new bundle. Would it be possible for me to 'move' to the same bundle to keep at £89 a month by signing a new 18 month contract.

I have tried the online chat which is a bot telling me to ring 150 but also tells me not to call unless it is urgent due to covid.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recontract Ultimate Oomph Bundle

Hi AndyBo1,

The £89 price point is for new customers only. You should be able to negotiate a new deal but it's very, very unlikely you will receive the £89 price point.

The phone lines are open,  you should call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues - My personal interpretation is that the price rise would be a matter of urgency to get dealt with as soon as possible.

You could try the text messaging service again. It may take a few days, but will be dealt with. Unfortunately the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info.

I called them and sorted something out - not as cheap as they give to new customers, but not as expensive as originally billed.

I do wonder why companies are not keen to hold onto existing customers as it must cost hundreds to provide new boxes and to run new cables whereas with an existing customer you just tick a couple of boxes and that is it.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@AndyBo1 wrote:

I do wonder why companies are not keen to hold onto existing customers as it must cost hundreds to provide new boxes and to run new cables whereas with an existing customer you just tick a couple of boxes and that is it.

The flip side is that introductory offers are just that, and not regular pricing... but in principle, I won't argue with that.

I suspect the ideal solution lies somewhere in between the two extremes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again AndyBo1,

Thanks for the update.

It's good news that you managed to negotiate a new discounted contract.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali