Menu
Culagh
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Recent Price Hike

I received an Email from Virgin Media stating my next bill would be £37.44, an increase of approx.. £12.  Martin Lewis states that  the average price hike would be £4.50 so why am I being charge an extra £12 ?.  As it is I only use Broadband, nothing else, having got rid of my Landline so why the large Price price hike. I've been a customer of Virgin media for over 20 years but if this sort of thing continues I'm going...........

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recent Price Hike

Hi Culagh,

It sounds like the price would be due to the end of a discounted offer and nothing to do with the price increase from March.

If you check your most recent bills you will see the date your existing discounts end and the new price. This should also be clear on the email you received.

Have a chat with VM and negotiate a new deal.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Culagh
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recent Price Hike

Many thanks Dave

0 Kudos
Judy7777
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Price increase

I am a long term customer whose current contract began in August 2020

The following is a message I have read on a few different sites

“Which Virgin Media customers are affected?

Every Virgin Media customer with a cable broadband, TV or home phone connection will be affected, except for the following three groups:

• Those who opened their current contract with Virgin Media after 29 June 2020 ...”

As my recent contract began on 4 August 2020, I am wondering why I was included.

I have phoned VM but cannot get an answer (even after talking to a supervisor).  

thank you , Judy

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

Hi Judy,

Thank you for coming back to us, please can you expand what it is you are trying to find out?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Judy7777
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

i am trying to find why I was included in the March 2021 price increase. 

I am basing the question on the details (as outlined in my earlier post) on some sites.

thanks, Judy

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Judy7777,

Thanks for getting back to us. In order to look into this further for you, I'll need to confirm some account details with you via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen.

Thanks,

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos