Menu
MPKenning
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Received equipment return text, still no packaging

I cancelled Virgin Media broadband recently. I am currently abroad, and owing to the virus I will be away for an indeterminate amount of time. Consequently I am not using my Internet.

I was told on 19th January, 2021, that I would receive a return kit in the next two weeks. It has been more than 10 days, so I have submitted another request for the return packaging.

I have however also received a text from Virgin Media to ask whether they can pick up my equipment on Thursday. It says:

Hi, it's Virgin Media. We haven't got our kit back from you yet.

Can we collect it from the address at <address> on Thu 04 Feb? Please reply CONFIRM if this is okay.

If we have the wrong address, reply ADDRESS and we will get in touch to confirm your correct address.

I replied with 'ADDRESS' lest I find some other option. It just asked me for a new postcode, however, so I haven't replied further.

My city is under a tier-four lockdown, so I assume this is why Virgin is running this service. I have left the text incompletely replied to.

As I said, I am not actually in Swansea. My mother is the only one with access, as she is looking after my flat while I'm away, so she is the only person who would be able to send my equipment back.

In sum, these are my questions:

1. Will I be charged the £50 for my equipment?
  2. Will Virgin penalise me for not replying to their text fully about returning the 
  3. Will Virgin wait for my equipment to be ready before I can return it?
  4. If Virgin is only running collections services at the moment, can the equipment be collected from my mother's house instead? (She lives only two minutes away from me.)

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received equipment return text, still no packaging

Thanks for the post MPKenning.

You can order a returns pack through this page if needed.

Due to current circumstances we're not applying the charge at the moment if you just return it when possible. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
MPKenning
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Emily,

The router has been sent back now. Virgin Media is operating a collection service for customers in Tier Four. It was picked up from a relative's house.

Kind regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you were offered an equipment pick up service.

We wish you the best of luck with your new provider. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos