Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Received Netflix Billing Email - No Netflix Account

I've received an email stating that I have requested my Netflix account be paid via my Virgin account.  I have not requested this and have no Netflix account. Cannot get in touch with Virgin via phone or email.  What do I do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received Netflix Billing Email - No Netflix Account

Thanks for the post Stainedglass and sorry to hear of the confusion.

Did this state if this was done through the Tivo box?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It does not say whether it was via the Tivo box, details below of the email I received:

We've received notification from Netflix that you wish to pay your monthly subscription fee via your Virgin Media bill.

We can confirm that your request has been processed, and your Virgin Media account XXXX has been updated. If you didn't request this or would like to cancel or change your Netflix account payment option you can do that in the Your Account section of your Netflix account.

I have noticed the my bill for next month has the charge applied.  As I don't have a Netflix account I cannot change anything in their your account section.

I am a bit concerned that someone can make changes on my Virgin account with no authority from me.

I look forward to hearing from  you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this can we just confirm if anyone else in the property may have signed up to this through the box? As we can't cancel the Netflix ourselves as they send the notification to us to be billed.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

No one signed up to my knowledge but I will investigate.  Can  you explain how someone can sign up for something on a totally different subscription but link it to account that I pay for with no authorisation from myself. This does not seem right and appears to be fraudulent practice that Virgin are condoning.  I want it noted that I do not authorise the payment for this subscription and would like it taken from my bill.

I look forward to hearing from  you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It would be through the Tivo box which will ask for sign up details and send confirmation emails to the email they type in here. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

This does not negate the fact that no changes to my contract should be made without my, the account holder's, express consent. This was not given and I request your assurances that this extra charge will not be taken. 

I look forward to hearing from you with confirmation I will not be charged.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stainedglass.

We have added Netflix onto the Virgin Media billing to make it easier for our customers should they wish to watch Netflix via their TV box and please see this page from Netflix for more details. Your contract remains the same but the Netflix subscription is added to your Virgin Media bill for ease. This can be cancelled if you no longer wish to watch Netflix via your TV box by logging into your Netflix account online and cancelling it as we are unable to cancel it on our side.

Please make sure that people who have access to your TV Box at home, that they don't log into Netflix via your TV box to avoid the Netflix subscription on your Virgin Media bill.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

I have found out that my husband signed up inadvertently to the Netflix account, this was cancelled within 24 hours. The charge is still however appearing on my bill.  This needs to be credited.

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Pleased to hear that you've got to the bottom of it Stainedglass. I'm afraid with the Netflix subscription, there is a warning displayed with the Terms explaining about the paid membership and the monthly charge and we wouldn't be able to credit this amount back onto your account. If it has been cancelled via the Netflix site your next bill will have the Netflix billing omitted. Please see this link for more details.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos