cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received HUB 5 x 2

jacquildavies
Up to speed

I have recently had not 1 but 2 HUB 5 delivered! Could someone tell me how to send one of them back please. There isn’t any help in the community posts that I can see. 
Many thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jacquildavies 

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post 👋

Sorry to hear you've received 2 hubs in error. 

I've noted the system, and you may request a returns kit 👉 here. 

Let me know if you need anything else. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jacquildavies
Up to speed

Hi Ayisha_B

Thanks for your reply. I do have another issue with the HUB 5.

I tried to install it but the password won’t work. I tried and tried to link my iPhone 12 entering in the password shown underneath the HUB but nothing. Except, after much tearing my hair out, it accepted the password. Don’t ask me why - I have no idea! I then managed to use my iPhone to sort out my and my partner’s iPhone and iPads directly through my iPhone which had the correct password (the one under side of the HUB which I’d used previously but didn’t work!). So far so good(ish).

I then wanted to link the new HUB with my Virgin V6 box and my Roku streaming gadget but guess - yes the password doesn’t work either! What is going on? I hope you’ll be able to help me with this issue as soon as possible. 

I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Thank you for your response. I am sorry for the issue you've had with connecting with the hub. 

It is unusual that it is working after a few tries. How many attempts did it take for it to connect on the mobile device?

Have you tried that many attempts on the box? 

^Martin

Good afternoon to you both.

Having given up with the 1st box, I decided to try the 2nd router. It was going swimmingly when it popped up with ‘no internet connection’. I can’t believe that 2 boxes are both faulty! It doesn't give me much confidence in the quality of Virgin’s hardware!

Anyway I was advised by a troubleshooter on one of Virgin’s many guides where I could request a technician to see if he could sort it out. Surprisingly I was able to book someone for today! He has just been and managed to rectify things and I am now back online thankfully! The technician has taken one of the faulty hubs and the old box. It should go through to the correct office to confirm receipt.

Many thanks for your help in this matter. 

Same day call out and resolution is pretty impressive. Well done VM on this one. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hello jacquildavies.

Thanks for your post.

The good news on this same day fix clearly outweighs the niggles you had with both Hubs.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Should you need anything else, just pop back on here and we will happily assist.

Gareth_L

Yes I was flabbergasted! Credit where it’s due!

Thanks very much 😁