Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: password for telephone support

I am in this endless loop of eternal doom with regards to how to get phone support for my current TV Box issues.

On Monday moved house and received new hub which is not working 

I ring, I get asked for my phone support passport, I supply same one I have used last 2 years, I get told this is not correct.

I am told I cant update this over the phone, and will be sent a letter to reset this.

This is the 21st century now I think, in what world is it deemed more secure to send a letter by snail mail, over resetting via secure protocols online? 

Been waiting 5 days now for this amazing letter, still not received, meanwhile TV does not work as support will not assist if I cant identify myself properly over the phone.  I can provide details of all my bills and direct debit amounts for last 2 years but this does not help. I can even login online to my account and chat online but still doesn't pass this unbelievably inept security identification process.

Can somebody provide any advice on how I can get some assistance with my TV issues ????????? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mcinallyjan,

I'm reallay sorry to see the issues you are encountering in moving home.

You post indicates that the new hub and TV boxes aren't working. Have they been activated?

Have you been given your new account number?  VM create a new account when customers move home. If you haven't got the new account number this can cause issues when calling in. The Forum Team are usually pretty good linking both your old account and new accounts together so you can use the same details as previously, although one would hope that the moving house team did this when setting up your new account.

This may work, although I wouldn't hold my breath. VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the equipment should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The V6 needs a broadband connection to complete set up, and since you say your hub isn't working either then you can also try calling  0800 953 9500 to get your hub and TV box(es) activated. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone.  You could also try freephone number 0800 052 0422, it leads to the same place.

The agent picking up the phone should be able to ask you other questions to validate you as the account holder, and sort out the activation or arrange a tech visit, and also send out another password reminder, make sure they sending it to your new address.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Mcinallyian and welcome to our community.

We can see on our side that this may have since been resolved, how are things today? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily. My account has been activated and I receive some of my services now but not all of them. After approx 6 hrs with the contact centre 5 days ago they raised an issue which was supposed to have been resolved by today but no update has been received by me and I doubt I will receive one. Will probably mean me having another couple of hours today with the call  centre and trying to explain my situation from scratch again. 🤬🤬

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @mcinallyian 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Are you able to expand on the issues you are currently having? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak,

Basically moved house last week. 

Have had virgin media account last 2 years. All tv options including sky sports HD. Moved house, new account created by VM but sky sport hd not included. This should be there as paying for it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that for me, 

When moving address you should have received a confirmation of what was included in your package, Is it listed on there? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos