Menu
oscar87ni
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: i can't get through to anyone to cancel my contract

This is still going on in January 2021. I am moving house to where there is no Virgin Media services and need to cancel the contract.

Called 150 last evening. After waiting for about 30 minutes for someone to answer been redirected to another department, waited another 20 minutes and then someone would answer and it would cut off. Then tried again and the same thing happened again. So basically wasted 2 hours of my time achieving nothing. This is not acceptable level of service and someone who is leading customer services department should be sacked.

0 Kudos
oscar87ni
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Managed to reach to someone today on the phone and got the contract cancellation scheduled in 30 days

It was suspiciously easy without trying to sell me any stuff (not that I am complaining) but then I am moving to the area where there is no virgin media services

0 Kudos
gad-westy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask what time of day you managed to get through? I'm in exactly the same boat. New house has no service. I just need to cancel but haven't got time to spend hours on end on hold only to be cut off and I have zero confidence that writing a letter will have the desired effect.

I'm having a serious sense of humour failure about this right now!
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@gad-westy wrote:
Can I ask what time of day you managed to get through? I'm in exactly the same boat. New house has no service. I just need to cancel but haven't got time to spend hours on end on hold only to be cut off and I have zero confidence that writing a letter will have the desired effect.

I'm having a serious sense of humour failure about this right now!

Just send a recorded letter then:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end 

0 Kudos
oscar87ni
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I called around 1:30pm on Friday. Just after lunch.

0 Kudos
oscar87ni
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Although it does look like broadband has been cancelled on requested day it look like mobile sim is still active. Does anybody know if it does get disconnected also on day when broadband is cancelled or when billing cycle ends? I was on Oomph 200Mbit package.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @oscar87ni , thanks for posting.

I am sorry you're having to leave us and have had difficulties in doing so.  I can have a look at your accounts to verify everything happening as they should be if you like?

Regards

Lee_R

oscar87ni
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee, that would be awesome if you can. The mobile connection is still live so not sure what is going on.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi oscar87ni, I am sorry to see that a private message has not been received, I will send you a PM to get things looked over. Chris

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi oscar87ni, 

thanks for messaging us via PM and we are happy to hear that things are now resolved. Please let us know if you need anything further ^Chris

0 Kudos