Managed to get the bundle re-instated and the manager essentially marked the work order as it was complete today to force through the bundle so it is live.
I did just ask about the compensation side for not having the install and a colleague has since told me it will be £5.04 compensation per day they cannot install from 23rd April onwards as this was the agreed date, as well as £7 a month without the multiroom (might get my package for free at this rate lol).
Also believe I should be getting the 360 update but not sure how that goes ahead now my installation is postponed.. chaos!
Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there has been some confusion around the new package you chose.
As it stands, engineers are only attending calls for faults. Any upgrades are taking a back seat currently to make sure they, and our customers, are kept safe.
I'm glad the team have been able to sort out the package for you in terms of pricing between now and when the upgrade goes through and as soon as we are able to, we will get an engineer out to install any equipment that is needed.
Thanks for this. Gave a call yesterday and they re-booked install for this Friday.
I realise as of this morning it has disappeared from my account so called back in and seems it has also been cancelled. As I understand them from this Friday onwards I will be receiving £5 a day until they can continue installs again? The agent on the phone sent me an email and said she registered me under this scheme her end.
Personally understand the Covid concerns but I am sure you are still doing new customer installs? The colleague I spoke to said once we are in stage 2 it will resume. I’m fine waiting, it just seems seems no one really knows what’s happening... I am fine waiting but don’t feel re-assured this will be corrected and also don’t see why there is so much mis communication about what can/cannot be done.
Being honest, there is no point calling the team to rebook the engineer as it will just continue to be cancelled due to the restrictions we have in place currently. Once those restrictions are lifted, we will get in contact with you to book the engineer visit. You can keep updated with the restrictions here: Virgin Media’s Update on Covid-19
We do have an automatic compensation scheme for times when you've been let down however in your case, the engineer appointment has been cancelled due to the current restrictions so this would not qualify you for a credit.
Where possible, we are sending equipment out for customers via a quick start delivery but if the customer is joining us and a quick start isn't possible due to needing to install cables, we do have engineers attending these properties to ensure they are not left without services. Any upgrades are on hold currently.
I hope this has explained things a little further for you.
Thanks! When I called I was mainly enquiring about the billing issue had been sorted as the email I received went against it but did double check I was in a queue to receive the second box. They just said a manager marked the install work order as complete and that’s when it was suggested to book another install standalone.
I’m happy waiting just want to make sure I’m in that queue to receive the install when it returns.
£10 a month is more what I was expecting, but there’s so much info it can be confusing so thanks for the link and clarifying that.
I think the last thing I can think of is being now on Ultimate Oomph I believe I go to 360 update now so would I be able to have the update pushed to the box I currently have or would I just wait until the install can be done to have this update?
As the work order has been completed, chances are you may actually need to contact us so keep up to date on the link I gave you and once it updates to say engineers are now doing all visits, if you've not heard anything within a week, come back so we can book the install in for you. The update will be done on the V6 at the same time as the rest of the install then aswell 🙂
Let us know if you have any further queries or questions.