cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Where is the live chat/social tariff

selem666
Tuning in

Also cannot find a 'chat' button. Quite sure I would qualify for broadband social tariff but we have a land line too, is there any allowance for both?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @selem666 

Details of the social tariffs are on the following page. There is also a link to Live chat on that page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/low-income-families 

The social tarifs don't include landline phones.

To be eligible you should be a Virgin Media account holder (or new customer joining VM) receiving one of the following: Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance†, Income-based Employment Support Allowance†, you are eligible for Essential broadband packages. 

† (not contributory-based only. If both income and contributory-based, your income-based ESA or JSA must be higher)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @selem666 

Details of the social tariffs are on the following page. There is also a link to Live chat on that page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/low-income-families 

The social tarifs don't include landline phones.

To be eligible you should be a Virgin Media account holder (or new customer joining VM) receiving one of the following: Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance†, Income-based Employment Support Allowance†, you are eligible for Essential broadband packages. 

† (not contributory-based only. If both income and contributory-based, your income-based ESA or JSA must be higher)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

That Live Chat button does nothing for me. Just takes it bakk up to the page. Does it work for you?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Redinade 

I've just tried now.

It didn't work using Chrome and Brave browsers, however it worked using both Firefox and Edge browsers.

Dave

So I would have to take up the ST on broadband and add the phone separately?

Have you got a link for the chat button? Can try with a couple of browsers.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There isn't a direct link to the Chat button, you need to scroll down the page https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/low-income-families?  and click on the "Go to Live Chat" button an that page (see screen shot)

It works using Edge and Firefox browsers

As far as I'm aware you can't have a landline with the Essential Broadband (Social Tariff) packages. 

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

Hi @selem666 

Welcome back to our community forums.

We are glad to see you are interested in our Essential broadband. Have you been able to access the chat as advised by @newapollo Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I know I am entitled to the social tariff but I also have a landline.  I would like to know how much I would be charged a month for a landline if I will be paying £12.50 a month for the social tariff.  I am currently paying £33 a month which is a lot of money for me. I am newbie to the forum.

I currently pay £33 a month for broadband and landline.   I do qualify for the £12.50 social tariff a month but I do want to keep my landline. Does anyone know how much I would have to pay to keep my landline.    I do not have any other services from virgin media.   Any help appreciated