cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VOLT - Virgin/O2 - Anyone got a speed increase?

Bowepa
Joining in

Screenshot_20230616_172530_WhatsApp.jpg

 Hi. I have spent a whole day trying to find out when my Internet will get a boost to the next level. Can anyone comment that? Are they serious? 

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Super solver

The response looks offshore quality to me. You should be on Volt 350 (although correct to say not 500).

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

@Cardiffman282 wrote:

The response looks offshore quality to me. You should be on Volt 350 (although correct to say not 500).

An ‘offshore quality’ response, classic. Do you think we could use that phrase as a standard explanation in future?

Someone posts “I’ve been told on the phone, that no cables are required for VM broadband and it all works via Unicorn breath and magic"

"Ah well", we can respond, "that’s an example of ‘offshore quality’ advice...."

Just a thought anyway!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bowepa, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about the experience you've had whilst speaking with the team. I think there is a few things to go over to get you to the answer of the question you've asked - firstly, the package would have come with an O2 SIM, is this SIM active, or has it been cancelled? As if the latter is the case - then you wouldn't be eligible for the boost, unless there is an O2 SIM already registered at your property. 

If the SIM is active - jobs a gooden. From that point you would need to activate your Volt benefits, you're able to do that by following the information in this link here: https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-o2 - once activated it can take 14 days for them to become active. 

Please let me know if either of them have missed the mark. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.

That was the answer from customer service, after I took my first contract with o2. Sim card activated, data doubled, so I started conversation with VM CS about my Volt benefits... 

Hi Bowepa,

Thank you for reaching back out, I was able to locate you on our system using the details we have for you and it looks like this may have been resolved, have you checked your Virgin Media Online Account to see if your speed has been changed?

You can also run a speed test here to see what is hitting the Router.

Regards

Paul.