Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Non Compliant with CISAS ruling

I’m in exactly the same boat. CISAS decided a case in my favour in November. The 20 day deadline for VM to comply with the adjudicators decision passed on 31 December 2019. 20 days to return wrongly debited monies was already generous and provided ample time to comply.  VM owe me around £1300 having been debuting me for 4 years for s service I did not have.  VM ignored the December deadline. There have been two escalations supposedly to Senior Managers at VM but VM’s inaction continues. It’s nearly February. 

I agree with the OP. CISAS is a fig leaf to cover VM’s dreadful customer service and to appease OFCOM. CISAS are completely toothless - they ask politely - VM ignore them. Thing is - don’t think OFCOM have any weapons to help me either. 

There is no Effective Dispute Resolution via CISAS and VM and the Small Claims Court might be my next recourse. Could any moderator reading this please give me your address for receipt of court proceedings please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi PAFCBOY,

Thanks for you post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to see you've been kept waiting in regards to this issue with Virgin Media

If this has been dealt with by Cisas already, we would advise you to speak to Cisas who will be able to liaise with Virgin Media to have the monies refunded

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Cisas has escalated this matter a number of times to supposed Senior Managers at VM over the weeks since non compliance ... but nothing ever happens. Very discourteous to the adjudication process and shows that CISAS decisions aren’t taken seriously by VM !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi PAFCBOY

Sorry we would not be able to help with this. As the complaint has been escalated to a Senior Manger and a final decision has been advised. 

This will need to be done as per the advice on the letter you have received 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Have written to Offcom tonight and hope they express their displeasure to VM’s Senior Management Team.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 42
Flag for a moderator

https://mk0cedrxdkly80r1e6.kinstacdn.com/app/uploads/2020/01/CISAS-Guidance-notes-for-customers-v2.p...

Can CISAS fine the company and/or take any punitive action against it?

No, CISAS is not a regulator and cannot impose fines or other sanctions on companies.
The role of CISAS is to resolve individual disputes between customers and companies in an
impartial manner.

What if the company does not comply with the adjudicator’s decision?

If a company does not comply, you should contact CISAS and we will contact the company. If a
company fails to comply with a decision, we can suspend or terminate their membership of CISAS
and report them to Ofcom for a breach of General Condition 14 or the Communications Act 2003.

The question now is "What's the point of CICAS if they have no enforcement powers?"

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 42
Flag for a moderator

So I drafted a letter to Offcom, asking if Offcom could intervene to secure VM’s long overdue compliance with the CISAS decision, but if they could not intervene, could they at least please send a letter to VM’s Senior Management Team expressing their displeasure. I uploaded a copy of my letter to my CISAS case. Guess what - I received an apology letter the next day and the cheque for £1323 the following day. 

I’d recommend the same approach if you find yourselves in a similar position. Don’t give up - write to OFFCOM and copy VM in. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Great tip. I'm 8 working days of 20 into a CISAS deadline, and they have credited some money to my account, but have not contacted me, other than on the dispute page to ask ME to call their generic customer service number, which isn't even trying adhere to what is stated below:

"Appoint a dedicated agent to liaise with the technicians and customer to facilitate resolution of the packet loss issue"

And it's only sheer luck I saw that message.

The issue with packet loss that has been going on for 3 months is still just as bad as it was at the start. They clearly have given up trying to fix, and would rather over sell a service that can't cope with what's being asked of it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 42
Flag for a moderator

hi

i am having the same issue. non compliance from VM since april. i am so angry as now the devt collection agencies are on to me.

i received an email back from the debt collection agency saying that virgin media know nothing about the case haha

VM should be so ashamed of themselves.

who do i contact at ofcom before i go to a solicitor

fuming is an understatement 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 42
Flag for a moderator

ofcom do not deal with customer complants.
you need to contact CISAS again

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos