Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to cancel contract? Virgin is awful!

I have just rang up to end my contract, which end on 22nd November.  I got through then got cut off, so I rang back. When I rang back the advisor tried to warm transfer but got a message saying the department system was down and I would have to call. When I said no that no fair I have met my obligation by trying to notify them but unable to then I shouldn't be penalised and have to phone back and be on call waiting for hours. 

I asked the advisor to raise a complaint and at first he said he couldn't until Monday because of the systems being down and I would have to wait until Monday when he was back at work. After insisting he passed the complaint on to someone else and waiting 20 minutes,  he miraculously managed to raise the complaint but then told me It may take upto 28 days for a response. 

I have advised him that since I tried to met my contractual obligation and notify virgin of ending my contract I will be ending my contract on 22nd November and cancelling my direct debit and sending back the equipment. 

I then got email telling me my service had been changed and my phone had been removed but not my broadband. 

I am hoping someone is moderating this and can intervene to get this sorted.  The complaint no is COM104326566.

I just want to leave on 23nd and return the equipment and walk away peacefully. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI Sammierich, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service, I will send you a PM to look in to this further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes that is correct you will need to provided 30 days notice for cancellations, this is confirmed in the terms and conditions, after the contract expires it will revert to a 30 day rolling contract until a cancellation request is given. ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Surely if that's the case then Virgin should notify of you of the price change 30 days before, so you have the option to leave before your contract ends. Absolutely ridiculous process and I am still proceeding with my complaint on that basis. My gas/electricity ends in February and I already know that price change. Virgin advising me on 4th November isn't providing information in a timely  manner and regulators need to be aware of this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sammierich,

The date your contract ends and new contract price is indicated on every bill you receive from VM, whether through the post, or if you have e-billing online in the My Virgin Media section. There is also a copy of your contract in that section.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

First of all. I have looked at my last e-bill and it doesn't tell me the new price. My point what is the point sending a notification of your contract ending half way through contract ending.  Makes no sense. 

Good quote though.  Food for thought. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Sammierich,

Enclosed screenshot from the PDF of my current VM bill, page 3 of 4 which shows when my discount ends, and the amount of discount.

It's just a matter of adding the discount onto my current price to see what the full price will be going forward when the discount ends.

Perhaps you are looking at the current bill, after the discount has ended, but would see the discounts on your previous bills and the end dates.

Also a screenshot of my contract from the same section which shows the current price and price after the contract ends.Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dave,

For me that was showing the current deal I'm and the discount I am getting on this deal. Virgin change their deals all the time, so I didn't assume that I have to pay that. It not clear. I know with electricity company I can see all the current deals.

Also since my bill doesn't fluctuate and I pay the same every month. I don't have a reason to look at my bill. My trigger was the notification of end of contract,  which came  AFTER the notification period,  which doesn't make sense to me. 

0 Kudos