Menu
Morelaga
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Time for a petition to make VM allow online cancellations?

Yes very much so ,I think all virgin media customers would signe it,plus I want to know why VM are allowed to carry a contract on even after its expired plus at a higher rate,it should just stop

Sololobo
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Morelaga wrote:

Yes very much so ,I think all virgin media customers would signe it,plus I want to know why VM are allowed to carry a contract on even after its expired plus at a higher rate,it should just stop

What happens after the minimum period of your contract expires is made perfectly clear in VM's Terms and Conditions: 
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services 

How long does your agreement last?

The minimum period

-  This agreement will continue for a minimum amount of time (the minimum period). We will explain the length of your minimum period to you before you start using any services or offers, and your minimum period will also be set out in your order confirmation. This minimum period will typically be 12 months but we may offer services with other minimum periods e.g. 30 days or 6, 12, 18 or 24 months.

-  If you want us to stop providing the services at the end of your minimum period you will need to give us at least 30 days’ notice as set out in Section N of the agreement.

- We won't notify you when your minimum period is about to end, so please make sure you make a note of this date.

What happens after the minimum period?

-  Once your minimum period ends, if you haven't asked us to stop providing the services or asked us to change your services as mentioned above, we will continue providing you with the same services (as described in more detail below) on the then current standard monthly price for your services

- Some of the offers or discounts we provide from time to time may last longer than the minimum period and this will have been discussed with you at the time you took up that offer or discount.  After the end of the discount or offer your price will increase to the current price for those services.

-  If the offer or discounted rate lasts for the same time as your minimum period, your price will increase when the minimum period ends.

-  Also, please note that whilst we will have told you the standard monthly price at the time you entered the agreement, you will pay the current price at the end of the minimum period, so the price may have increased during your minimum period. 

It's your responsibility to have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions before you accept the contract as these are legally binding. 

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Tox1415
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for explaining the terms and conditions, but I'm not sure how that relates to the idea of allowing customers to use a web interface to cancel at the end of their contracted term. I've now got Ultra Fibre Optic Gigabit broadband in the street and have been waiting for my contract to end in order to switch over to this offering. I've spent hours waiting on hold only for the call to drop or having repeated engaged tones when calling 150. I'm now another 40 minutes into listening to dreadful hold music for what must be at least 10 times. Setting up my new account with the new provider was a dream.

A web interface where I could simply give the required notice period isn't too much to ask for. I'm not interested in retention offers, I just want to give notice of termination and go.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Tox1415 wrote:

Thanks very much for explaining the terms and conditions, but I'm not sure how that relates to the idea of allowing customers to use a web interface to cancel at the end of their contracted term. I've now got Ultra Fibre Optic Gigabit broadband in the street and have been waiting for my contract to end in order to switch over to this offering. I've spent hours waiting on hold only for the call to drop or having repeated engaged tones when calling 150. I'm now another 40 minutes into listening to dreadful hold music for what must be at least 10 times. Setting up my new account with the new provider was a dream.

A web interface where I could simply give the required notice period isn't too much to ask for. I'm not interested in retention offers, I just want to give notice of termination and go.

you can write - costs you a stamp

Tony
0 Kudos